PDA

View Full Version : mix mattes ?

alenskas
01-07-2009, 03:17 PM
how on earth does one mix mattes over eachother in combustion, as can be done with mix matte node in nuke. is it automatic ?

can anyone explain the technique and layer orientation for the three step process described in Mark Christiansen's book “After Effects CS3
Professional Studio Techniques”

how do i achieve this in combustion.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
01-09-2009, 12:01 AM
I would love to help, but:
1) I don't know what a mix mattes node in nuke does.
2) I don't have “After Effects CS3 Professional Studio Techniques”.

So if you could show or explain what you want for those of use who have never used nuke and never seen the book you are refering to, then you might get some help.

-Eric

hemmerli
01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
how on earth does one mix mattes over eachother in combustion, as can be done with mix matte node in nuke. is it automatic ?

well, don't remember what the "mix alpha" node in nuke exactly does, as well, but, if you want replace, or add an alpha to a compositing branch, you can use "set alpha" (under add operator -> channel -> set matte). in case you want to perform more advanced operations, use the "compound alpha arithmetic" -op (same place as before); which is probeably as close to the "mix matte" node as it can get in combustion.
depending on what you are trying to achieve the "compound rgb/hsv arithmetic" might also be of interest for you.

if you have any questions, just post.

best,
rayk

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2009, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.