PDA

View Full Version : Animation: The Seed

cloudtrix
06-24-2003, 04:18 AM
Hello again,

It seems that I have named my thread wrong. (Sorry)

Here is the link to my animation about a boy and his seed(plant).

www.itdi.com/emey/movies/seed.mpg

I would like to get some critics (especially on character animation)

Much obliged,

EmEy

http://www.itdi.com/emey/images/seedkid.jpg

soulhill
06-24-2003, 06:29 AM
There are two major problems with the character animation here. This first is that there is no sense of weight to the character. For example, when the boy pushes himself up, it is with a smooth, fluid motion - no stuggle or effor to it at all. You may want to study how you shift your weight and counter balance when you get up from a similar pose.

The second problem, which I think may be part of the cause of the problem with weight, has to do with an over reliance on curves between keyframes. This is a frequent problem in CG animation. I personally think the cure is to try a claymation approach for a while and pose each and every frame by hand. It isn't efficient, but it could provide some valuble feedback for how you may want to animate. Sometimes it is too easy to rely on keyframes.

Outside of the character animation, I would suggest that in terms of direction/editing, it doesn't make much sense to animate the camera or cut angles on a uniform background. It produces too much of an unintended jump cut. If you later to fill the environment in, your cuts will work better, but you may also want to keep your shot/reverse shot angle under 180 degrees.

cloudtrix
06-24-2003, 05:00 PM
soulhill,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to work on some of the motion. As far as the editing If far from done and there are some backgrounds coming.

EmEy

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.