PDA

View Full Version : Bones all f?ckedup after reload scene!!! aaaAARGH!

tfortier
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I know I have not renamed the bones name after converting them from skelegons but is there a way to fix it?

I passed all morning tweeking my animation with motion mixer and now after I reload the scene, all my object is weirdly twisted. I already sent a quicktime to the client for approbation...

help!

(I just did a test, reloaded the scene, rename all bones, but now there is no more motion at all... probably motion mixer cant reconize them...)

thanks
t

WillCameron
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Sounds like you might just have to rerest the boes if all thats happening is your object is comming in deformed badly.
I dunno about all your bones being renamed, thats a weird one. Although when using skelegons I usually have them on a seperate layer, which I delete after I convert them and resave the scene as a different name. And also I export the rig once its all set up - so I can reuse it later.

- Will.

bobakabob
01-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Were you incrementally saving scenes? If so go back to an earlier scene and check if the problem occurs there.

As Will suggests, it sounds like you didn't rest the bones. This can result in a warped mesh - pretty freaky when it happens but easily fixed. Load your original scene. Scroll back to the original T pose in the first frame where bones and object should normally correspond, select all the bones then hit 'r'.

If it doesn't, scroll back to the original T posed skeleton, switch off the bones and using the replace object button substitute the character model with another version. Rest the bones again and reactivate. All should be well.

If not it might be a problem with weightmaps being wrongly assigned to bones.

tfortier
01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
weird, I replyed yesterday but it didnt work...

anyway!

Client have made a lots of corrections then I have to do it from scratch anyway... still im gonna look your answer carefully because I really want to understand that. Now my last scene work fine even when reloading...

thanks a lot for your help!
t

CGTalk Moderation
01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.