PDA

View Full Version : Character: Cyber human

Aeddy
06-24-2003, 02:56 AM
This is my first try at a portrait in photoshop 6.5 I used a wacom tablet and my PC. It is just some concept for a cyber human. I wanted it to have some real character to it. you know some emotion.

Gilgamesh
06-24-2003, 03:15 AM
Hey dude. I like the character and the texture quality of the surface. The crits I have would be, like Janelle said, that the head looks more like a 3/4 view, while the face it tilted more toward facing us. Also, the right edge his face is kind of fuzzy, which isn't necessarily bad, except that it might be cool to see a rim light or some sort of shading so that the white plane of the forehead and cheek doesn't just end at the background. That part (the white cheek and forehead) looks a little flat compared to the great area around his eyes and lips.

sherban
06-24-2003, 03:23 AM
the perspective is off. The eyeline should be going up diagonally when viewed from this angle.

Also the lighting on his right cheek (our left) is off. It makes the whole cheek look concave. No light should reach the area under that circle thing in his temples.

As for the expression - it's rather bland. It doesn't express any emotion.

otherwise, pretty good shading/colors/values. I'd say a promising first try.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.