PDA

View Full Version : Environement and Character: Cyber Series

MatrixNAN
06-24-2003, 12:13 AM
I used Houdini Master Apperentice. You could also use Houdini Select to get the same results.

http://janis.mtsu.edu/~nesler/CyberDudeNWorldShip_02.jpg

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

MatrixNAN
06-24-2003, 12:15 AM
These are test renders to show how the bones look.

http://janis.mtsu.edu/~nesler/Hand_Bones.jpg
I want to go back to the aluminum shader eventually for reflections of the muscles and glowing particles that I am going to add.
http://janis.mtsu.edu/~nesler/ShoulderBladeAluminum.jpg

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

MatrixNAN
06-24-2003, 12:17 AM
I did a shaded wire because it show up much better.
http://janis.mtsu.edu/~nesler/WireFace.jpg
Cheers,
Nate Nesler

KingMob
06-24-2003, 12:40 AM
ok for one thing, you dont need to post so many screenshots each time, we get the idea.

I think you need to go back to the drawing baord witht his. I have no idea what the point is, or what to look at honestly, the man is really hard to see, and the chrome reflecting that background just makes it more confusing.

I hope youd ont take what I say as harsh, but its just a very noisy image. I would readdress what you are trying to convey, and then gothrough and model your man, and the environment, and texture it.

Take your time for sure, because right now its just a bit much, and show us as you go.

road
06-24-2003, 12:52 AM
My first crit here would be the way you have posted...
All of these images could've been placed into one post...

I'm not exactly sure what kind of crit you want but here goes...
First off the image is extremely confusing with that back ground..
I can't even tell what's going on back there...
With everything going on in the background it seems really flat...
There doesn't seem to be much depth at all..

Is the character supposed to be made out of glass??
Seems if that's true then the refraction is backwards...
And with the refraction It is extremely hard to tell what's going on with the body.. blurring the refraction may help...

Without a pic of the whole body it's a little hard to tell what's going on...The toes seems really long and too narrow at the connection... The leg pelvis area is all wrong.. seems like you took some cylinders and plopped them on the bottom...
There are several sites on the net for body reference.. check em out and do some research...

keep going...
road

d4rk
06-24-2003, 12:58 AM
I agree it's very visualy confusing. The backround.. well the first pic hurts my eyes a bit. but the background looks cool and you have a prety good character. I would ditch the glass surface though, not to be harsh, it's just TOO much? I think there is a lot of potential here though.

MatrixNAN
06-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Hey,

The character is the furthest thing from being finished. I have a planet in the background of the environment which you would see but the image link was deleted not by me. I plan on adding glowing stomach acid to the background and stars and fog. For the character. Yeah your right the legs joining the pelvis is a problem. One of which I am still trying to address. Not sure exactly what is wrong even though I have reference images. Quite frankly myself for most of him. Far as the character is concerned he is suppose to glass like on his skin. The bones you can see them through his skin. Then I am going to add muscles that will be animated with particles that glow inside of them. They will be reflected off of the chrome bones. I figured animated it will bring a sharp contrast between the character and the environment especially when he moves and the environment warps all around skin. The thumbs need work they are still at 90 degrees and they need to be moved to 45 degrees thank you for the crit on the feet. They are a problem. Still trying to figure out what all is wrong with them even though the feet bones layed in very nicely. The idea with character is that there will be fusion reaction inside of the character as his muscles are exerted which will be shown off by the particle effects.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler

Tim Deneau
06-24-2003, 07:41 AM
The image is way too busy, you can't focus on anything.

The background is interesting, but it isn't complementing the figure. You have to balance it, and adding more isn't going to help. I think it would give a nicer effect if the backdrop was a distinct structure... more minimal.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.