PDA

View Full Version : spawning particles from particles

Pickman
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Hello guys, i will soon have to do fluids and particle works, i tried a few things following allan mc kay tutorials. I managed to spawn different elements but can't seem to spawn particles from existing particles within the same pf source ( for instance, 1 particle generates 5 which generate five as well), is there a link somewhere or is it just simply possible ?

THX a lot in advance

PsychoSilence
01-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Dear Pickman,
please use the search function in the particle flow forum. This question has been asked many times already :)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=206&t=652477&highlight=spawn+particles

Depending on your particle count it might work to wrap a particle system into a mesher compound object and then use that as position object for another event/particle system.

kind regards,
anselm

Pickman
01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Thx a lot Piflik and Psychosilence! I searched the forum, always do, but any thread could make sense to me :-) (i'm a total noob at particles) I found very interesting material on bobo's site but too high level for me
Spawn Test or the Collision Spawn Test. I'll have a look at the doc in order to understand those operators, thx a lot again for your quick replies!

Piflik
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
To spawn particles from existing ones you would use the Spawn Test or the Collision Spawn Test.

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.