PDA

View Full Version : new critiques forum

Garma
06-23-2003, 11:31 PM
hi all,

The new critiques forum is a great alternative for people who are looking for real crits. There are a lot of threads around with no responses because, I think, people are afraid to be rude when someone really needs advice. If I take a look at myself: I really want to learn 3D modelling, doing it a few months now and I have a lot to learn. But I need people who crit me.

This said, I have a question. Is the new forum only purposed for advanced artists? I mean if yes, I can understand why, but beginners need critiques to make progress. A thread with no replies doesn't help me! If the new forum is only purposed for advanced people (what I understand from lildragons post) is it a good idea to also start such a forum for beginners?

I don't think it's an argument if you say you'll get the same discussion over a hundred times. Firstly, the new forum is a few hours up and now already half of them are character threads. Can you imagine how much discussions will discuss the same if the forum exists for a while? Beginners AND Advanced artists have the same problem: they don't know how to use the search button

reactions appreciated
thanks

schmu_20mol
06-24-2003, 01:09 AM
well at least as i understand it this new forum is open to everyone....it's just about the replies that have to be 'proffesional' - so no fanboys :twisted:

LucentDreams
06-24-2003, 06:03 AM
pretty much, just know that being more serious crits, a really amateur piece couldbe harshly cirticised, whic IMO ican be a good thing as it wil help you learn more faster, but some peple could take offense. Its sort of a use at your own risk thing. Nice not to have the fanboys there though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.