View Full Version : Human facial rigging in Maya
01-05-2009, 03:16 PM
I am creating my character and I want rigging the face of my character .I want to lean eyelid line and etc .can any one introduce me a good tutorial for facial rigging in maya? also I watched Digital tutor's Facial rigging but it is so simple.
thank you for your help. :)
01-08-2009, 04:37 AM
This is a good one http://www.fahrenheitdigital.com/dvds/rigging/facial-rigging-dvd.php.
01-08-2009, 07:46 AM
thank you I watched it .it's good but it is not human it's creature facial rigging
01-08-2009, 10:52 AM
hi dawood ,
i think ,facial-rigging can get extremely complex , but in my eyes , it is no matter , if you rig a creature or , if you rig a hum , or if you rig a cartoon-character - you always need to create lots of different techniques / systems , in order to have a full-functional-setup , which is easy to animate and of course flexible .
- there have been 2 great tutorials on "eyes" within the past 2 months on www.animationrigs.com (http://www.animation-rigs.com) ( developer of the AM-rigs / one very interesting technique for the iris , and another tutorial that describes the eye-blink ) .
- another great tutorial is on the autodesk-DVD for game-character-rigs called "highres-facial-rigging" . http://store.autodesk.com/DRHM/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=adsk&Locale=en_US&productID=81355500 there the eye-blink is handled a bit different , but the best is to know many different ways to deal with the eyelids . in my eyes , it is worth to have a look at it . also it describes some sticky-lips ( for game-rigging )
- i did not have a look at this training-material yet , but it might be also very interesting ( especially for game-rigging )
http://eat3d.com/training_videos/facial_rigging - i guess it is very inspiring , as it shows about bone-placement and also shows ways to create a proper skinning for faces .
- at http://research.animationsinstitut.de/ you can download the Animation-Tools ( you just need to register first ) - it is really an awesome ( open ) project , and one can learn a lot abuot facial-animation ( non-linear ) from its basic-concept . also you can add on some sticky_lips to your setups via wire-deformers http://research.animationsinstitut.de/22.0.html
- for corrective-blendshapes on facial-animation , you can have a look at http://dpk.stargrav.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=31 .
- you certainly heard about face-machine http://www.anzovin.com/products/tfm1maya.html . this might be , one of the most easiest and fastest possibilities to setup non-linear face-animation ( but certainly it is a bit work , to get the deformation translated into e.g. game-rigging ) but it also comes with an interface for animting .
01-08-2009, 12:59 PM
thank for your great and complete guide :)
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
best without a doubt is Digital-Tutors Facial Rigging, its not free but if you want a great rig thats industry standard, and relatively fast, defo check it out
01-08-2009, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.