PDA

View Full Version : Wsmchallenge #0 Vote Now

ZaneV
01-04-2009, 10:01 PM
WSMChallenge Single Objective Awards
(The competitors in this challenge are eligible to be voted for, for these awards)

Fasted Completed Entry Award
Best Overall Entry Award

Please vote accordingly for the following participants:

Soulbrighter
Completion Time: 4 hours.
http://4naid.com/frenkelVFX/images/CGSocietyWork/SamSantaBeautyShot1.jpg

PLWoods
Completion Time: 2 hours.
http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/e53826363dffc17aed5fb64c465a558d5g.jpg

See their individual threads for more info.

Digitool
01-05-2009, 08:26 AM
I really would have liked to have seen the latter one finished. I understand , though, why we never had much participation with this. The holidays struck in the middle of it all, but hopefully next challenge will be better for us all.

I'd say that the samarai santa would have been the quickest done overall (assuming the finished product on the fat santa), and the fat santa would have been the better overall model had it been finished.

Thats my vote.

PLWoods
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
Couldn't agree more but i wanted to submit what I had done as this was a trial run.

But deffo a completed model is a must, maybe not textured or lit but definatley a finished model.

This was in supposed to go after the comment about models being finished

ZaneV
01-05-2009, 10:11 PM
But deffo a completed model is a must, maybe not textured or lit but definatley a finished model.

Yes I agree, but I thanks for entering in your work for this challenge it gave me more material to work with but the next one will be different and a little more strict on the rules.

Maybe there should be a little addition to the rules that says voting is based on actual completed product and not speculation about what a model could have turned into. After all, getting a model done under a heavy time constraint is what makes this challenge difficult and drives decisions to knock off details for the sake of completion.

I agree as well, perhaps I didn't define that very clearly in the rules but I will be adding that in.

Well I will leave this open for another 24 hours and in the mean time I am setting up a thread for discussion of future challenges as there is a few things needing to be covered

Soulbrighter
01-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Maybe there should be a little addition to the rules that says voting is based on actual completed product and not speculation about what a model could have turned into. After all, getting a model done under a heavy time constraint is what makes this challenge difficult and drives decisions to knock off details for the sake of completion.

Digitool
01-06-2009, 12:01 AM
my vote was the way it was because this is in fact a trial run, and since there was only 2 entries, i thought it fair to give one to each of them. again, this challenge was a trial run, so i took it as a way to work on the structure and get some feel for it. notice the challenge 0 thing.

btw, i'm ready for challenge 1

shrew81
01-11-2009, 02:41 AM
OI OI! I havent seen a speed challenge thread in here since the middle of 2008! um, This one didnt turn out to well, wish I had seen it earlier, I wouldve joined in... I'll try to join in on challenge 1 if you keep the whole 1-week to work on a 4-hour project thing! (Filled Schedule)

It may be small now, but it will gain momentum! :thumbsup:

Soulbrighter
01-11-2009, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the support! Yeah, this challenge came at a very busy and overall bad time, we are hoping to garner a lot more support for the next challenge, so tell your friends. The coordinator (Zanev) is currently unable to use the forums, he should be back soon to start Challenge #1. Keep checking back here for that event.

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2009, 03:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.