PDA

View Full Version : win2k doesn't safe windows positions - veeery annoying !

lowkey
05-02-2002, 12:10 AM
hello ppl,

this might be a little off-topic, but will be definitely driving me nuts in no time, if it ain't fixed soon ! :wip:

i'm workin' on a radeon 8500 dual monitor system and win2k simply doesn't remember custom windows positions ... :thumbsdow

that might sound ridiculous to some, but has become a ****in' mayor-annoyance for me ... everytime i open a new browser window, i've got to drag and reposition it to be comfortably read ... everytime i open PhotoShop, i've got to setup it's darned position before starting my work and so on !

i know that there are some tools available like "WinSize", which offer the functionality of pixel-exact positioning of individual windows, but often those are coded so poorly, that my whole system crashes after a few minutes ...
:annoyed:

so if anyone knows how to fix this or anybody might be able to recommend a non-buggy tool for solving my problem, this would be most higly appreciated ! :love:

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, ppl ... help !
thx for your attention

l.

Gilgamesh
05-02-2002, 12:14 AM
did you try:
Tools>Folder Options>View
There is a check box for "Remember each folder's view settings"

Gilgamesh
05-02-2002, 12:22 AM
While we're at it, how can I "show window content while dragging" in win2k?

lowkey
05-02-2002, 12:54 AM
... yeah, sure i tried that ... thx anyway ! :annoyed: :wip:

to "show content while dragging" simply activate it under "display-options (r-M-b-desktop)/Effects" second from bottom !

:hmm:

l.

Gilgamesh
05-02-2002, 01:11 AM
Sweet.:thumbsup:
Thanks. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sieb
05-02-2002, 07:46 AM
I never remember having a problem with this on my dual screen 2k system. Something tells me its driver specific since all I have ever run is nvidia cards. Later Det drivers from nvidia had the desktop management options in them that would restrict windows to a monitor (instead of inbetween) as well as placement history. The new Gf4 drivers have the placement memory option now too. Other than that, all I can say is what Gil said with the folder settings. I never remember having a problem on an older RadonVE with Hydravision or whatever it was, which I thought was still being used by ATI since they bought it..

lowkey
05-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Gilga:
not a problem !:beer:

Sieb:
yeh, forgot about that hydravision thing ... this might be an alternative to all that buggy shareware stuff ! :)

'til now i always used nvidia boards either, which had no problems at all concerning window placement, but unfortunately ati's know for bad driver support ... surely they WILL fix things, the question is --> WHEN ?! :hmm:

anyway, thanks a lot for ya help doods ... c ya

l.

lowkey
05-02-2002, 09:15 PM
yep, hydravision finally did it !:bounce:

just wanted to let you know ...

Sieb
05-02-2002, 09:39 PM
Sweet! No prob.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.