PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP... Stabilize

jrsunshine
06-23-2003, 05:03 PM
I like what DFX seems to offer...

The problem is actually being able to get something acomplished with its complicated interface.

I need a simple step by step example on stabilizing shaky footage. If I can get that example I will by the LW 8 upgrade with DFX+ today !!!!

thanks,
Roy

Jayk2k
06-23-2003, 08:18 PM
I assume you are using the demo...

1) load footage with loader tool
2) set a valid render range by dragging the loader to the time ruler at the bottom of the interface.
3) add a tracker tool
4) view the tracker by dragging it to the view
5) move the tracker in the view to a good track point.
6) in the tool area for the tracker, track forward.
7) in the operation menu of the tracker, select (un)stabilize
8) select the bg only option

you should be good to go from there... Check the online help, as it will explain a lot of this and the tools functions there.

jrsunshine
06-23-2003, 09:45 PM
WOW !! Thanks.

DFX+ needs better step by step docs and tuts to help guys like me who are new to DFX and high end compositing apps.

It worked though. I was going to buy Combustion just because I was able to get the stabilize to work. That would have been a non-dfx purchase due only to the fact that I was unable (not discounting my ignorance) to do a certain feature.

Thanks again,
Roy

Jayk2k
06-24-2003, 01:19 AM
DFX+ and Digital Fusion both ship with courseware which include full on step by step instructions for most main compositing style tasks. There are 30+ chapters in all, and also a pile of tips and tricks available on the website.

The courseware is also available as a 30 dollar (aprox i think) purchase that includes the manual and a dvd rom of footage and "getting started" avis.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.