PDA

View Full Version : Change a word into another with text+

ØdB
06-23-2003, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I'd like to change a word to another with text+ for example john>smith. I tried many thing but I didn't the way. Any clue ?

Jayk2k
06-23-2003, 07:15 PM
What kind of effect are you looking for? There are a 101 different ways to do this visually, and that will govern the approach you take in DFX.

ØdB
06-24-2003, 07:30 AM
Hello Jason,

I have a name which is flying around my screen like some leaf, them it stop 2 sec' and restarts to fly, and at this point i'd like to see each character begin to change. Like this a the next stop we can read another name. I Can achieve this with some transition between two nodes, but I think I could to it more suitable with some modifiers in my text tool but i don't know how. Thanks for your help :applause:

Jayk2k
06-24-2003, 07:08 PM
use text scramble.

Just animate the scramble up, and when the scramble is set to 100%

animate the text to a new word.

Then animate the scrable down.

Problem with this method is that you will still see a pop of characters if there are any extra or fewer after you animate the content of the text.

ie: John > Smith would produce a pop on of one extra character at some point.

If i get a chance I'll try to whip up a simple flow later tonight.

ØdB
06-25-2003, 05:27 PM
Thanks a lot for your explanation. It does excatly what I want. I also used a dissolve tool whit it. In fact it's simple, not like my brain, but I'm a little confused (new user) with DF...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.