PDA

View Full Version : Particles disabled on load?

BlobVanDam
01-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello forum. I'm having a little problem with particle flow and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I'm using Max 09 32bit (no SP1, not sure if it matters but I'm a bit afraid of updating mid project unless I have to) Windows XP, and I'm using particle flow for 3 different particle flow sources. I've got two for bubbles and one for lava lamp type bubbles.
They all work fine, but whenever I reload my scene, one of the bubbles PF sources disappears as if I've disabled the "Enable Particle Emission" option for that particular PF Source. When I render they don't show up. I have to disable the particles then re-enable them every time I reload the scene. I've tried messing around with different options and resaving it, but it keeps doing it. The other two PF sources work perfectly fine, but this one doesn't for some reason.
This is getting really frustrating too. Any ideas what's causing this? I haven't been able to find any other info on this, so obviously it's just my own silliness here!

JohnnyRandom
01-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Only a couple of things come to mind...it's hard to say, exactly

Easiest first, did you save the file with the PF Source turned off? and are you reloading that saved file or have you re-saved the scene with that flow turned on?

Have you tried breaking all the event wires in the problem flow and then reconnect them?

Is the problem flow on the same layer as the others?

Also try creating a new global event, ie a new PF_Source event.

That's about all I can come up with based on your post.

BlobVanDam
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
Easiest first, did you save the file with the PF Source turned off? and are you reloading that saved file or have you re-saved the scene with that flow turned on?

The PF Source was enabled when I saved, and I've resaved several times after trying several methods (obviously including disabling/re-enabling it)

Have you tried breaking all the event wires in the problem flow and then reconnect them?

I tried breaking the wires between the PF Source and the Event and that didn't work, but I just tried breaking the wires for both bubble sources and swapping them and for some reason that seemed to make both work despite both being identical as far as I can tell (although swapping them back after that makes the problem return). I don't understand that, but as long as it works I won't complain.

Thanks for the help :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2009, 05:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.