PDA

View Full Version : wrap deformer seems to not work

zbgump
06-23-2003, 11:48 AM
I have a wrap deformer that refuses to work. I'm trying to set up my subd character's low poly version as a rigged wrap deformer.

Its a kind of Knight character. I assign the helmut polyobject to the subd helmut as a wrap, and no matter what I do to the max distance, the subd will not move with the wrap. I was having a similar problem when I was trying to assign the wrap to the guys body. All of a sudden, it started working, I don't know what I did if anything.

I have the influence type set to 2, if i set to 1 things go all screwy - the subd will move with the wrap but it deforms into a ball.

I know its not due to the vertex limit, as this helmut only has about 150.

I have the file here : http://users.rcn.com/rmkerr/HELMUT.mb.zip

It just has the subd helmet and the "hopeful" wrap deformer.

edit: I've been trying to figure this out for hours. In my slow learnig of Maya, there have been many things that confused me so much that I thought I encountered a bug in the software. I always assumed I was wrong and never posted it to any forums. In every case I was wrong and I figured it out, usually with some help. In this case, I'm going to be shocked when I find the solution. Right now my money is on bug.

misterdi
06-23-2003, 01:06 PM
Your helmut1 has several intermediate object that made wrong connection to the warp deformer.

Open hypergraph, select your helmut1, open input-ouput connections. There are 4 shapenodes, which is come as intermediate objects.

While the hypergraph is open, do your warp deformer, you will see its the wrong node use for basepoint[0].

Undo the warp deform.

2 way to solve the problems.

1. If you don't think you need the other shapenodes, select it from hypergraph and delete it. Do your warp deform again it should working fine.

2. If you are not sure what this 3 shapenodes do to your scene,
grab the subDtessShape17 ( the one which is not connected to warp deformer), and MMB drag over to warp deformer, if you got message that there are more than 1 node call subDtessShape17, just reload it in left pane. Load the warp deformer in right pane
Hook up worldMesh[0] to basePoints[0]. That's it

Best regards

zbgump
06-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Wow. Thank you so much.

misterdi
06-23-2003, 01:20 PM
You're welcome.

How is doing with the knight, starting to animate it?

zbgump
06-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Well, now I can start animating and stop banging my head against the wall! LOL

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.