PDA

View Full Version : shake: tutorial images

alexx
06-23-2003, 11:19 AM
hey,

i can remember that when shake was still at "nothing real", there was a download link on their site for the images to the tutorials..

we now have a new intern that wants to do them and i can not find the download link on apples site anymore..

anyone knows where these images have gone?

cheers

alexx

arctor
06-23-2003, 03:02 PM
the links to the tutorial images and the documentation (the best docs ever) were pulled the day that Apple bought NR...I can only assume that you get them now only when you buy Shake...since there is no demo available....

thanks so much Apple...way to go!

alexx
06-23-2003, 06:45 PM
i hate it, when my feelings about something are right.. and i had a very bad feeling, when apple aquired nothing real.. :(

geez.. i think one of our old compositors might have them or my boss might fiddle out the old registration informations and i even might get them from apple.. lets see :/

cheers & thanx

alexx

beaker
06-23-2003, 07:59 PM
There isn't a direct link to the page on the apple site and it is password protected. Look in the "Installing Shake" pdf file and there is a hypertext link to the page in there. Just ask your boss for your companies log/password.

alexx
06-23-2003, 08:03 PM
thanx beaker..
i saw that link already on the page links..

but if you know how much trouble it is asking my boss for that password, you would understand why i am looking for someone to have a working link without it ;)

altruizine
06-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Also, there will be a demo of Shake 3 available if you contact apple and request it.

I wouldn't complain much about apple's purchase of NR. They've rolled the Chalice and Rayz engineers into the Shake team to form an amazing compositing brain trust. From what I've seen and heard from Apple, there are some really great things in the pipeline from a company highly dedicated to making the product as good as possible.

-JF

alexx
06-24-2003, 09:08 PM
lets see..
after having read about the G5s on the apple homepage there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel..

Mananetwork
06-24-2003, 10:35 PM
there were like 23 tutorials right?
I think i have them on cd somewhere. But not sure. If you need it ,I can get them online

Just give me some time

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.