PDA

View Full Version : Acting piece in need of critique

Littleberu
12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi!

I'm doing an acting piece for practice, and I'd like to have critique.

Here's my first pass of blocking! At this point, there are no facial expressions and blinking. I'll add the blinking on the next pass, but the facial expressions will have to wait after my body animation is done.

http://www.carlberube.com/animation/FirstBlocking.mov

Is the main ideas coming across? Are my poses strong enough?

Thanks!

f_jo
12-30-2008, 07:18 PM
I don't use quicktime here on my personal pc, can play the video but without sound.

Using MPC to play the file... at 00:05 the hand look in rather uncomfortable pose... both hands bended in. I know it's for antic on his next pose... but you could do it without bending the hands in....oh and I would exagerrate the next pose.

Also in 00:06 when he lowers the pointer... his right hand seems uncomfortable pose aswell.

just my two cents...

Littleberu
12-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks! You're absolutely right! I'll try to fix these issues. And sorry about the .mov, but I found it the best to scrub frame by frame.

robcat2075
01-01-2009, 08:33 PM
The card is giving away the gag.

Possible solution, the "goal=unhappiness" is on one of those old-fashiond blackboards that flips over, to reveal "no goal=Happiness".

karan_vis
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks good to me. Just two things here.
When he says never disappointed... I feel u can hit a better pose here.
at the ens when he says It feels... He should look happy as if he is feeling that moment..

overall looks good
Keep it up.

Karan

CGTalk Moderation
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.