PDA

View Full Version : I know this is simple but...

pmoniews
12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone.

I am doing an animation using Spheres and BlobMesh. I create some amount of spheres and add BlobMesh on them. I placed my object on slant (http://www.dict.pl/dict?word=slant&lang=PL) surface and using Reactor I create an animation.

So spheres are rolling and it all looks like liquid.

All I want is to create some spheres with my BlobMesh on them to make liquid smudge (http://www.dict.pl/dict?word=smudge&lang=PL) during my animation. So all I want to do is to crate spheres in particular time of animation whit my BlobMesh on it.

So how to create a simple sphere in for example frame number 30? If you can show me a piece of MaxScrip which can do this….

A controller of visibility or size is not an option because no matter what if my sphere became invisible or theirs radius is set on 0 blobMesh is still visible from first to last frame. Moreover BlobMesh.nodeList is not animatable that is why I don’t have more ideas.

Pleas help.

DaveWortley
12-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you're talkinga bout but you should be able to do something with blobmesh and pflow to do what you want I think. Spawning particles and then use Blobmesh on the particle system.

pmoniews
12-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I try to make animations which show a single drop of water. I form shape of it using small spheres. When the shape is ready I cover it with blobmesh I run reactor to create animation. It looks very nice and realistic. But every drop of water in real world left behind let say “wisp of water”. And I want to add it to my animation.

It sounds easy. But for me it is not. What I try to do is to create additional spheres and also cover it with BlobMesh. They have to appear in certain frames because wisp of water can’t appear on surface before my drop of water reach this place. So how in MaxScript create a sphere in for example frame number 30 and keep it exist till the end of animation. The problem is when I try to do this my additional spheres appear from firs to last frame :sad:.

David thanks for attention and help, I hope now I describe my problem better. Oh one more thing a have to use spheres and reactor so pflow is not an option for me.

irwit
12-31-2008, 04:37 PM
why not just "hide" your additional spheres inside the orginal sphere and frame 30 animate them moving onto your original sphere ?

pmoniews
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
I don’t know what to say ;) It is solutions for my problem and it takes only few lines of changes in my script. I have no idea why I haven’t come up with this idea earlier. Irwit thanks.

irwit
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
no worries mate, glad to help. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.