PDA

View Full Version : Game Icons - Vehicle - Capt.K

Capt.K
06-23-2003, 05:38 AM
It's time for my first challenge. This sounds like great fun!

Game/Racing:
The basic idea is that you take the role of a jockey racing enormous beasts on alien worlds. The overall concept is similar to Gran Turismo in that you can buy any of a number of beasts, take them out to the tracks and upgrade them with your winnings. Upgrades would be along the lines of better shoes (traction), strength training (increased stamina), etc...

The beasts that you race on would vary greatly in the way that they look and in their natural attributes.

For the contest I'm going to create a (hopefully) cool looking beast with rider and gear that would be used on the game cover and title screen. Even though there would be a variety of beasts in the game there needs to be one that can be identified with as a cool mascot, so thats what these concepts are for...

http://home.nc.rr.com/samoth/RB_concept_post01.jpg

This beast is about 50% larger than a good sized elephant. The scale will be more apparent with a rider on its back.

(sorry about the poor image quality...)

foojoy
06-23-2003, 08:09 PM
:applause: :wavey: :love:

Cool concept! Can't wait to see it in 3d!

Kinda looks like a giant greyhound/horse thing. I'm excited to see what the rider's going to look like as well!

good luck!

Capt.K
06-24-2003, 06:18 AM
I've been working on the head today. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to but now that I'm started I will hopefully be able to get more done tomorrow.

The face count is a bit high right now (around 330) for such a small part of the beast but I'll probably wait till later to slim it down some.

Capt.K
06-26-2003, 06:20 AM
I haven't had much time to work on the model the past couple of days but here is a quick update on my progress. There's not much new to look at but I will have more time tomorrow to get working on the body.

Capt.K
06-27-2003, 06:05 AM
I finished most of the front section tonight... tomorrow I hope to finish the rest of the body.

Capt.K
06-29-2003, 07:51 AM
I've completed the body (except for some minor tweaks) and did some concepts for the rider and saddle. I tried making the saddle look like a motorcycle seat but I'm not sure if I like it too much. I'll start modeling the rider tomorrow.

http://home.nc.rr.com/samoth/RB_concept_post05.jpg

Cyborgguineapig
06-29-2003, 02:05 PM
I don't know why really but when I saw your Rider concept I didn't agree. Too me the style of the animal and rider don't match much. But thats just my opinion.

Capt.K
06-30-2003, 03:41 AM
"I don't know why really but when I saw your Rider concept I didn't agree"

I agree with you... It doesn't really look like a jockey. I do want the rider to have some sort of helmet so that he's easier to model and has less identity.

I'll probably go ahead with the model and see what I can do along the way.

Capt.K
07-02-2003, 07:23 AM
I've finished modeling and putting bones in the rider. I tried to keep his face count low (around 500 tris). Tomorrow I'll begin on the saddle and harnesses.

http://home.nc.rr.com/samoth/RB_concept_post06.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.