PDA

View Full Version : Animation after a compose clip

dustin1138
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
You can add keyframe animation before a clip plays in compose. But after a clip completes all keyframe animation is locked out. I can't find a way to release the clip's control after it finishes and return to keyframe animation.

I know you can bake the clip. But baking is not possible if you have two clips connected with a transition. Baking is always limited to one clip instance at a time.

Thoughts?

Ulven
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Move the time slider to the end of your clip, key all the items in the group that's in the clip with 'use computed values' (hit enter). Now you can key the mix level of the track or instance to 0 (no effect) at the end of your clip and animate on. Also you could use additive mixing if you want to animate on top of the motion clips. A third option as you mentioned is to bake each track.

dustin1138
12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Ah! Creating keys using computed values at the end of the clip. That's what I was missing!! Untill you get those keys planted, you're locked out.

That's exactly what I needed. You're a big help as always Ulven.

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2008, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.