PDA

View Full Version : pflow particles do not show up in rendering

Chris Knol
12-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey, i have another problem with pflow, i have a system that gives birth to about 20 particles over a period of 2000 frames and each of those particles spawn into more and more.
In the viewport the whole animation looks fine and is visible.
But in my rendering, either image or animation. the particle that is given birth doesnt show up after the first particle! The first one does show up and then spawns
but the second, third and so dont show up, but they do spawn, and that spawn IS visible..
ive tried materials without particle age, resetting particle age setting in dynamic material, caching, increasing the number of particles in system management and a bunch of other things. All with no luck:(

Chris Knol
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
yay! I found what was going wrong. I had the shape facing operator in it, but there was no camera selected to which it should face. for some weird reason it did work the first time it showed up, but not the times after that. After i had ruled out a number of possible causes I finally came to this operator and found it.

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.