PDA

View Full Version : Autorigger bad wrist twist

lhermittem
12-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Hello!
I'm new to autorigger and am working on rigging a character. everything comes out nice and easy so far BUT the wrist deformation. I'm using IK on the arm. When rotating the hand perpendicular to the floor (-90) the wrist get almost totally pinched. I can see under the command tab that there are expresions for the lower arm bone twisting... should It be edited and which one(s) ? Any idea?

Thank you!

Ulven
12-29-2008, 11:47 AM
If you send me your scene I can figure out more easily what's wrong. Just send it to the email address on our web site.

TylerAZambori
12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Ulven, you are a real benefit to the rest of us.

lhermittem
01-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Thank you... and happy new year btw!
I'm away for a few more days but I will be really greatful if you can do that!!!
I'll post the scene and mesh when I'm back!

Zimtower
03-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Hello!
I'm new to autorigger and am working on rigging a character. everything comes out nice and easy so far BUT the wrist deformation. I'm using IK on the arm. When rotating the hand perpendicular to the floor (-90) the wrist get almost totally pinched. I can see under the command tab that there are expresions for the lower arm bone twisting... should It be edited and which one(s) ? Any idea?

Thank you!
Im having the same problem, when move I the null the same way perpendicular to the floor, the hand bone seems to snap at 90 degrees. Is there a fix for that?

Zimtower
04-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Any explanation yet? I would appreciate it.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2009, 07:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.