PDA

View Full Version : The stairway to heaven

smiljan66
12-28-2008, 03:18 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1230481132/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1230481132/1024bound)Made all in 3d...3d max , zbrush, combustion, photoshop .
Use ambient oclussion , and natural render textured , and blend it together.
this simbolize freedom and the relation between human and nature.
i can only render it at 1680 by 1050 , i lost soem quality at 2560 by 1600 , because my pc crashes , i have a intel 2 quad core 6600 2.4 and 8 gb of ram , as you can see all was made in 3d , no alphas so i can reach all the ambient oclussion nicely , it has hundreds of leaves , putting all by hand ,rotated and scaled .the image size here is 2560 by 1600.
i hope you like it , lot of work lot and patience.

dave247
01-02-2009, 03:30 AM
hey thats really cool! My only criticism is that the plants are too uniform. There should be more variation in the leaves on the vines and stuff.

good creative shot though.

smiljan66
01-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Well thanks very much , im glad you like my idea , the leaves i ike it like that because makes a patron of a nice green cap , if would change a variation it will be goot too , but it would not be the same , i think you ahve a good point but the two ideas are good , if you see detailed there is a variation in all , but no so much in the leaves the leaves are rotated , and scaled to seem not to much like a pattern , but doesent get away , i want the pattern as it is , but thats fine , thanks for your apreciattion , and good thinking i wish you well , and thanks again for your commentary i will be doing more pictures for this conetest i hope you will like my others ideas...smiljan66

JM-art
01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi....nice image, i like the concept. I agree about the leaves, in fact it was the first thing that caught my atencion, i know that you like them like that, but IMO the plants should be...or following a clear pattern...or randomly placed like in nature. Right now they look a little like just copy and paste. Im saying this just because i want to help you to achieve a better looking image. So...just my opinion, maybe im wrong.

Good luck!

smiljan66
01-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi thanks you very much for the interestingpoit that i think is the only thing that very people see , its starnge because , i choose a patron of 5 leaves , and each copy almost everyone i hev scaled and rotated , , but strange becaus ei fell it like it is good as it is , , i realize that that point doesent matter to much because the eye feels it shade and blends nicely , the point is that if i meaby scaled a little more the leaves , for the eye to see the change , it would be probably more distinguish , but is strange because , if you look the same picture at diferent perpective , you will see that teh leaves are not the same are scaled and rotated , , and the thing is that i like the piece like it is remember is surrealism so the leaves , for the porpuse are well to me and i think the most important thing is the stair and all that is with it , not too much the leaves , i think the patron i give is well it dont seem to me like i put it bad , like too much coy and paste , but yes i put copy and paste instance but i do scale and rotate various leaves so they are not the same , is because the position of the camera , that i realiza that i have to scale and rotate liek 50 % to see the change , , but i see many times the picture , every morning , and i dont feel like the pattern is bad or putting bad , if you realize the right side are not equal to the left side ,, and im working in anothe rimage , i cant do nothing more gfor the picture because i wnat to enter more images , yes is strange to me because i rotate and scale many pattens there , , but the thing is that i realize for the answers of you that is not too seen at the moment is just a little thing that you think it can be improved , in art that , thing and the thing the authors thinks , thats the diference and the balance , that makes something genuine , thanks by the way for your trully opinion i hope you will understand my position about the leaves pattern result that i think many people understand by saying this explanation.
smilajn66

JM-art
01-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes i understand you. Keep the leaves as they are, mostly because its you art, and if you feel theyre ok, then you should keep it that way:) .

Good luke!

smiljan66
01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Well Thanks for your understanding i will keep that in mynd , thank you again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2009, 04:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.