PDA

View Full Version : The stariway to heaven

smiljan66
12-28-2008, 03:18 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1230481103/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/258608_1230481103/1024bound)Made all in 3d...3d max , zbrush, combustion, photoshop .
Use ambient oclussion , and natural render textured , and blend it together.
this simbolize freedom and the relation between human and nature.
i can only render it at 1680 by 1050 , i lost soem quality at 2560 by 1600 , because my pc crashes , i have a intel 2 quad core 6600 2.4 and 8 gb of ram , as you can see all was made in 3d , no alphas so i can reach all the ambient oclussion nicely , it has hundreds of leaves , putting all by hand ,rotated and scaled .
But im like of disapointed because my pc cant render all that in 2560 by 1600 , but i cant do nothing more , so if you wnat to look it good look at 1680 by 1050 , but to look the good result you have to scale down this image in photoshop at half size , and save it the open it.
i hope you like it , lot of work lot of patience.

oceanbluesky
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi, it is possible to render smaller sections of your image separately by rendering defined regions from the command line, which can then be composited together. Ask around on Highend3D forums or look this up in the Maya Help docs. It is not difficult, just not very straightforward...sorry I don't remember exactly how this is done, but, your computer could pull it off before the deadline. Good luck.

smiljan66
02-17-2009, 10:20 PM
hi thanks i didnt know that , but teh problem is that i lost the archive an horrible virus enter my pc and just when i was ready to save it i had to format , so i cant do nothing more for the image im very sorry if i knew that i would probably do it thanks , and i think the image that is 2560 by 1600 is very exagerated , a resolution of 1680 by 1050 would be enough but i cant do nothing exept accept the rules , thanks very much for your point and help

PatrickVDK
02-21-2009, 09:48 PM
THis is such a great concept, and the composition is very dramatic as well. Howeverrr I can tell the repetition of pattern on both walls, or bush its suppose to be, If you can throw in some random detail on to make both sides less flat it will really enhance your picture a great deal.

smiljan66
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Well thanks very much i hope with this image and the farm i will get through the finalist , but i have already told to all the people that like my concept art that i have lost the archive of the stairway to heaven i only got the image final of the contest that i have save it , i cant do no more for this image sorry but i like it that way , meaby will get a little more good if i say waht you ar asking for , but i cant , so i have to leave it that way , i think is good as it is also.and thanks very much for your opinion and advice , but really i cant touch this image no more.thanks

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.