PDA

View Full Version : How would i add a logo

Infinity3d4life
06-22-2003, 09:46 PM
http://home.ma.rr.com/infinityfilmz/KI.jpg

i need to add a logo here, but do i have to make transparency maps and all that stuff??

leigh
06-22-2003, 09:57 PM
You wouldn't need transparency in a case like this :)
You could just make an image using the same blue as his outfit as the background colour with the logo on that, and then just planar project it onto the torso.
Alternatively, you could create an alpha channel in the logo image so that only the logo will be visible when you stick it into the texture editor for the colour channel on the torso.

Shade01
06-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Another option would be to create your logo as a model and stencil it into the chest.

Infinity3d4life
06-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks a million..

Triple G
06-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Leigh
Alternatively, you could create an alpha channel in the logo image so that only the logo will be visible when you stick it into the texture editor for the colour channel on the torso.

I'd probably recommend taking the extra step and including an alpha channel with it. (If you wind up not needing it, you can always turn it off inside of LW). With it, you can give different surface values to just the logo itself, so you'd be able to make it look like it was a shiny, iron-on decal on top of a cotton shirt, for example. Without the alpha channel, the entire rectangular area where the image is applied will take on those surface attributes.

Needles
06-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Triple G is right; I always include the alpha channel when I need transparencies because it's useful and easy to create with photoshop (Targa, Tiff...). Am I getting too obvious?:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.