PDA

View Full Version : Make UV's?

Mickey
06-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey, I'm a little confused as to what the Make UV does. I read the manual part about it but I still don't quite get it. Basically I have a model and I've made the UV for half of it, so how can I automatically make the UV for the other half? I tried deleting the half without UV's and then flipping the half with the UV's but that just seemed to make one UV map that controlled both halves. I want two separate identical UV maps so I can paint separate things on each half, but I don't want to make the other half manually. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

EvilE
06-22-2003, 09:08 PM
after mirroring select the new half in perspective view . When u switch to uv view then it should still be selected and u can scale it by -100% in u to mirror it

Hope it helps

EE

leigh
06-22-2003, 09:11 PM
Make UV's is for adding more to a currently made UV map that is open in your UV viewport.
So if for example you are busy unwrapping sections of a model, and you have a section unwrapped and showing in your UV viewport, and you have a new section of the model that you want to add to that UV map, you select the new section, and use Make UV's. That part then gets added to the current map.

It can be a bit tricky sometimes though, so make sure that your points are unwelded before using this command.

As for the problem you are having with your model, if you have half a model that is unwrapped, then mirroring it does automatically add it to your UV map. It's just that the map for the newly created piece lies in exactly the same spot as the original in your UV viewport, so you need to move it out :)

Mickey
06-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Ciao

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.