PDA

View Full Version : Illustrator / Photoshop - little fishie

jeroentje
05-01-2002, 09:06 PM
I made these two today in llustrator. And yes, I did use photographs for reference.
Tell me what you think.

jeroentje
05-01-2002, 09:07 PM
This is with the colors. Just used Photoshop.

jeroentje
05-01-2002, 09:08 PM
And the little boat offcourse...

jeroentje
05-02-2002, 01:59 PM
And this is it.

Sangotten
05-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Nice!

Ik denk dat de boot wat meer contrast nodig heeft, vooral de onderkant van de boot moet nog wat meer donkere kleuren hebben. De haai ziet er goed uit, maar als je de boot naast de haai zziet zie je dat ze niet bij elkaar passen qua kleur en belichting, maar met een paar kleine veranderingen zal het er zeker cool uit gaan zien.

okay, sorry that was in Dutch.....:airguitar

Eldorian
05-02-2002, 05:00 PM
I like the images but bubbles around the boat doesn't look that good, and the boat seems a bit small, like toyboat.... But overall very nice!

jeroentje
05-03-2002, 01:05 AM
Thanks for your replies.
I thinks something went wrong with the jpeg compression. Sangotten, think you're right, the boat looks a bit flat this way.
The shark is supposed to be this big. Got inspired by a book about a 25 meter prehistoric "Megalodon-shark". Maybe when I put a fisherman on the boat it will look less toyish.
I'll correct that later, don't have time now. :beer:

Thanks a lot, Jeroentje

seantree
05-03-2002, 01:49 PM
I like it. I enjoy anything that has to do with sharks. The coloring looks great, but the boat seems a little flat. BTW, that book wouldn't have been "MEG" would it?? If it was and you haven't done so already, grab the sequel called "The Trench" excellent read. now if only someone would buy the movie rights

Adam Klein
05-03-2002, 03:21 PM
I think this pic has some style:thumbsup:

yeah add fishermen! It would be really sweat if you made them entangle with some other large creature, who's blood is attracting the shark, the little harpoon lines could glimmer in the light, could look really sharp, add more to the action of the scene

nice work!

Adam

jeroentje
05-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Okay Seantree, here is you answer...
I haven't read The Trench yet, thanks for the advice.

Adam, well, that's a good idea, maybe I'll pick this thing back up in a few weeks.

Thank you all. I really love this forum. This was my first "real" post here. But I don't think my last.

Cheers, Jeroentje :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.