PDA

View Full Version : LW+Quadro 580XGL + I'm Lost = HELP!!!

feo
06-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Hello,
I just got a Quadro 580 XGL and I can not figure out how to get Layout or Modeler working into the second screen (I have LW 7.5).
When I move the app to that screen, it doesn't redraw the views anymore.
Am I wrong to think I should be able to use the app at the second monitor? or is it only for requesters?
I don't know how to tell if I have the latest driver, but at the Nvidia site, the latest LW certified driver is very old. I did select LW at the OGL setting on the card.
Anybody with the same setup? I have W2K.
HELP!!!!!!

EvilE
06-22-2003, 06:31 PM
firstly dont use the dual monitor support of nvidia but the one inbuild in windows ( directly when u open the display settings )

second in the nvidia opengl settings of the first monitor theres a switch multi monitor hardware acceleration or so . Set it to Performance.

Hope it helps

EE

feo
07-09-2003, 06:15 PM
I figured I should post my findings, they may benefit somebody else that runs into the same thing and that does a search to this forums.
I downloaded the latest 'LW approved version from Nvidia' but that still didn't take acre of the problem. My 'projects' machine is not on the net due to my virus/hacking paranoia. So what I did was get it on the net and ran windows update (IE/Help/Windows Update) It told me there was a 12.5 md update from Nvidia that my machine didn't have. I let it do its thing, and it now works GREAT! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.