PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Sunset

Solarix
06-22-2003, 05:40 PM
a little thing I whipped up on Paint, and then edited with Photoshop. I'm not done yet, since I have to add some seagulls and some people, but what you guys think? I might use it for a school project.....

BTW, inspiration was from Robert Frost's poem, "Neither Out Far Nor in Deep" ;)

(Image taken off- updated(scroll down), so the original had to be deleted . the host I'm using isn't for images-its for legos. too much off topic stuff isn't allowed)

BTW, that thing in the suun is supposed to be a ship. gotta fix that up too...

~S

any comments? keep in mind that I'm just yer average 12-year-old who's obsessed with graphics....
(^I know putting this in isn't necessary, but....see explanation below)

LoneLobo
06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
you think that it's necessary to know your age when one wants to comment your pic? ;)

GavinG
06-23-2003, 04:55 PM
First, it's great that you've found graphics at 12 years old (although I don't think people really care man ;))

Second, as for your work, I'd just add more details or solid shapes (i think, i dunno Im more of a 3D guy) But it just seems that all of the elements in your picture just blend together. Maybe create a more defined horizon and some ripples or something? Also, would the water be that dark close to shore? I thought that the further out you went into the ocean the darker the water...

Keep it up :)
Gav

Solarix
06-24-2003, 03:53 AM
but...well....I wasn't thinking it was necessary, but...Ii think this is pretty sad if the person who made it was 20 or something.....(no offense to anyone, of course....)

but anyway, just a response....
Also, would the water be that dark close to shore? I thought that the further out you went into the ocean the darker the water...
welll, the reason in because of the sun. The area of water where the sun is would obviously be brighter, but the farther away from the sun, the darker (DUH...why would I have to say that?)....so...yea...

just following that principle. ;)

~S

Thanks for the advice....

GavinG
06-24-2003, 04:06 AM
That's cool man, i definetly respect you doing graphics at such an early age...I can relate to it (being 18), i wish i had of found it earlier :) I know it definetly makes you self concious about your work.

I understand the water being brighter by the sun, i just always figured sandy beach = light blue water :)

Again, maybe make the water a little rougher, give it some ripples and waves to reflect the sun rays

Gav

bumskee
06-24-2003, 05:45 AM
well, for a 12 year old it's ok :rolleyes:
but i am so glad to see you getting all hyped up with graphics at such age. rare thing really and congretulations to you for putting ur work here, and i am certain you will be a great artist soon (just not right there yet).

regarding your progress, I am not much of an artist myself to contribute much. But you really should train ur eyes to observe things and pay attentions to the details. of course some of these might not make sense to you and it still doesn't to me, but it will help you greatly. it's also a good idea to check out other peoples work (at start) to see how they came to deal with problems and difficulties. So if you had a photo of what you painted and compared it to what you actually have painted hopefully you will notice where you have made mistakes or make improvements.

i like the innocent sunset, keep up the good work!

:applause:

jeroentje
06-24-2003, 06:41 PM
I took a look at your website, you do have a talent :)

Some tips?
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Have fun drawing.
Take a good look at the things around you, see how stuff is constructed and what light does with different shapes.
Follow a good drawing class and have fun there.

KazuyaMochu
06-24-2003, 07:00 PM
I think basicly it lac's prespective. It looks like ist a wall pained with diferent colors. You don't feel the near and far.

what I would sugest would be, make some waves. some small ones close to the boat, and then some bigger ones close to the sand. that way you would give some prespective illusion.

just keep practicing man, that's the best way.

Kazuya Mochu

Solarix
06-25-2003, 01:57 AM
sorry...I had to take away the original. I've updated it, trying to follow all of the adivce I've gotten on this.

So,
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Solarix/MOCs/STUFF/fardeep.png

I've made the colors blend more, and tried to make them more wave-like. I know the waves on the beach arn't that good-I'm still working on them....

~S

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.