PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Premiere Audio Output?

thundering1
12-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Okay, I'm using CS4 Production Premium (I also have CS3 if anyone has an answer that works). So while I'm just thinking about Premiere, an answer might come back from Soundbooth or something, so I figured I'd throw it all out there to ponder.

Friend of mine (in the US) made a sale of his movie overseas and not only needs a PAL version, but needs the movie on BetaSP, and audio tracks separate - 2 for the general audio, 1 for music, and 1 for sound FX (so they can redub each individual track to their needs).

Does anyone know of a WAY to print to tape with the audio files going to specific tracks? Can they be told to go in specific directions?

Any and all advice is appreciated - thanks in advance, even if it is to tell me "can't be done in Premiere".

-Lew

Tagger
12-25-2008, 03:33 PM
A1 through A4 in premiere should go to ch1 to ch4 of your SP so you just need to export your audio from your project in 4 different version (stereo left, stereo right, Music, FX WAV/AIFF files) and just reimport them in a new project with those 4 versions on 4 discrete tracks and your video track

thundering1
12-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Ya know what - I bet I'm gonna need a card like the AJA or BlackMagicDeisgn cards - something where I have hard lines going out to deck inputs...

Well, there's another $2,000 or more...

-Lew

Tagger
12-26-2008, 09:11 AM
if you're gonne dump to BetaSP you're gonne need a I/O box anyway for video as well as audio.

you can always take your footage to a facility that can do it for you if it's only a onetime thing.

thundering1
12-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah - was afraid of that - both of us are just at the point of running everything through firewire - no BoBs yet.

Yeah - it's a onetime thing, but I/we have no idea how to get the audio tracks separate from digital files as a print to tape. He's using Vegas and I've got the CS4 (and 3) Production Premuims.

The best I can think of (with our current hardware situations) is to render out the movie in PAL, and render out the Music track, and then the Sound FX track, and take it to a facility and have them record them separately lining them up at the 2 second "blip" - but the part that worries me is that if you have sound drift, by 40 minutes into the movie...

We then have a bad Kung-Fu movie on our hands.

Of course, if he were to render out the tracks separate, the facility might be able to print to tape through THEIR NLE...

Haven't talked to him in a few days - lemme see where he is with this.

Thanks Tagger!
-Lew

CGTalk Moderation
12-26-2008, 01:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.