PDA

View Full Version : Character: WeightLifter

Plasticbag
06-22-2003, 03:42 PM
I had switched from LW to max and i did this to practice as well as learn more about human figure. got sick of adjusting so heres it:
http://qysernest.hypermart.net/wlifter.jpg

Error
06-22-2003, 04:31 PM
cool!
looks like a bronze award for weight lifting!!!

zachgrachan
06-22-2003, 05:39 PM
looks very good, only crit would be that the crease between bicep and tricep seems too straight, usually has more curve.

Apollux
06-22-2003, 05:47 PM
I know you are not asking for critiques (since this is in the finished work forum) but been the gym freak I am, I must point something weird about the pose.

Standing like that there are just 2 things you could do with the weights:

either working on your triceps (no human -even CG- could workout thriceps wich such animal weight, and if you could the would be your triceps bulbing out, his biceps are bulbing out right now) and the legs would be a little bend.

... or working the back of your legs, it that case the arms would be fully extended and the upper torso leaned a little forward.

How would it look really nice and acording to his body? instead of taking the bar with the hand from the front of the bar make him take it from the back of the bar (so that the fingers point to the front) and bend the knees about 5 dregrees... then he would be doing a hell of a biceps super-set.

just my 2 *unasked for* cents.

Raul-Reznek
06-22-2003, 06:30 PM
good work buddy, keep workin like this and you'll be busting the big guys' balls soon :D

anobrin
06-23-2003, 03:35 AM
Get "Dynamic anatomy" by Byrne Hogarth of any medical reference book amd you will that the inidvidual muscle groups you have created are wayyy wrong
unless this is some sort of alien:shrug:

frozyn
06-23-2003, 03:50 AM
the only possible lift he would be doing right there would be deadlift, in which you normally have an reverse grip (one hand the way you have it, second hand the other way). normally you wear a belt when you do that much weight (unless ur a god) and the weights are like nothing ive seen before, normally its just one plate, and not in that design. and as anobrin said the muscles dont look normal

but for your first model after switching, you did a pretty good job

kyldub
06-23-2003, 06:16 AM
nah he is just doing reverse grip curls.

you mean you cant do that much?

jeez

Plasticbag
06-23-2003, 06:30 AM
I got one of those flex magazines so i copied from an ad there.
The guy appears to be just holding onto the weights just before he lifts them off, at that pose.
I made the muscles squarer for more stone like look.
Yeah maybe the legs may be a little bent is better.

kinston
06-23-2003, 07:46 AM
i find it very nice if it is a cartoon character, is ok for the rock like muscles... i just find the weight and the body position a little ....... not balance ....maybe i should say too balance... normally when we carry weight we r trying very hard to balance our body.... and he look abit too relax.... but i like the model, and oh...he is a LW user new in 3D max.... so this is ur 1st model in max??...wow...well done

Pinky_Powers
06-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Well, as for a model, it is pretty good I think. But as far as being human, I think you have ALOT to learn about the human body. The leg muscules are a mess, he has NO RIB CAGE and apart from his bicept, his uper arm has none of the other muscules that belong up there.
So, pick up a human anatomy book and go from there. But I think with your modeling skills, ones you learn the anatomy, you will do very well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.