PDA

View Full Version : TinkerBell's hair...how?

raimZ
12-24-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but has anybody watched disney's 3d animated TinkerBell movie? I've been trying to figure out how it is they do the hair. My first thought was that they used only polygon shapes and planes for hairs to get very solid, distinct hairstyles. And for the majority of the background characters i think that's the case. But when the camera gets in close you can see strands of hair. I really like the look of the hair in this movie and it's difficult to determine how they did it.

If anybody has seen the movie, any ideas?

Raimy

Are3D
12-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Funny you should ask this question! I worked on the project briefly doing the hair and some face shapes. At the time it was only polygon/sub-d geo. I wasn't there long enough to see the final look of the hair so I'm not sure how it turned out, and I haven't seen the movie yet. But if you can see the hairs on them chances are they ended up growing hair on top of the geo that we had made for the close up shots.

-Robert

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2008, 06:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.