PDA

View Full Version : xsi shape deformation questions

gunslingerblack
12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
ok, im coming from a maya background so i'll try and put it in those terms.

i have a mesh, the first thing i want to know is how do i make sure it's clean? like delete history in maya? freeze seems to work freeze modelling seems to work too are those two methods surefire?

second question is the reason im posting...

basically im trying to get my characters mouth open. i have another character whos mesh shares the same vertices with his mouth open. in maya my workflow at this point would be, take original mesh mouth closed and assign original mesh mouth open blendshape. then take new mesh mouth closed and assign it to original mesh mouth closed. turn on both blendshapes and delete history to get my new character with his mouth open and clean.

im having a bit of trouble getting this to work in xsi, i've only been able to do this once and i cannot remember what the frig i did. basically i want to assign two blendshapes to one mesh and then "delete the history" i tried freeze and freeze modelling but nothing seems to be working

any help would be appreciated as i've crashed xsi about 15 times now.

-chris-

toonafish
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
- "Freeze M" freezes only the modeling history stack, "Freeze" freezes all history. "Freeze" is like "delete history" in Maya.

-select: "Animate > Deform > Shape > Select Shape Key" and pick the shapes to assign blendshapes. To remove the link to the shapes you just assigned, freeze the modeling. Or delete the "copy shape" Operator in the shapekey cluster ( Object > Cluster > ShapeKey > Copy Shapekey )

gunslingerblack
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
thanks dude, i actually figured that out before i went to bed last night(i tend to get obsessed with things like that), but i wasn't sure if that had totally worked.

thanks for your help!

-chris-

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2008, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.