PDA

View Full Version : Object: Big Axe

eAvatar
06-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Well, finally finished it, thought I'd post a few pics & get some feedback. It's for an animation I'm in the early stages of planning , hence no fancy backgrounds or lighting!

http://members.lycos.co.uk/eavatar3000/Axe06.jpg

http://members.lycos.co.uk/eavatar3000/Axe07.jpg

Done in Max5 with Photoshop for the textures, C&C welcome,

Cheers,
Steve.

Rei Ayanami
06-22-2003, 02:26 AM
Its good, *sigh i cant be bothered to translate the Dwarven.

only crit is that the textures on the axe blade dont seam to line up if the axe was forged. good otherwise.

Novakog
06-22-2003, 03:23 AM
That's really kick-ass, awesome job on the texturing. I can think of no crit for this, except that the top image appears to be orthographic because the part of the blade that is broken off appears to have no insides, like it was just cut out in Photoshop. That's not really even a crit though, orthographic views are just sorta weird to look at rendered (not even sure it's orthographic, but you know what I mean). Anyway, fantastic job, keep it up.

Oh, also, I think you would get a lot more views and replies if you had a better subject, maybe something like: Object: Ancient Dwarven Axe

or Object: LOTR Dwarven Axe

eAvatar
06-22-2003, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the replys,

Actually, the "Dwarven" probably translates into: likj3q 4liuq34 jlqr, or whatever you get when you find a fun font, then randomly attack the keyboard :)

The font is actually germanic runes ( possably where ol' J.R.R got his ideas from... ), as I was going for the Celtic/Barbarian look.

Anyway, glad you like the texturing Novakog, just shows it pays off to build up a big texture library ( 2 CD's and counting... ) your probably right about the thread title, so thankyou for taking a look anyway! Still, it is a big axe!

Rei, not sure what you mean about the forge lines, any chance you could give me an example location on my image?

Cheers,
Steve.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.