PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre V7I issue

Gareee
12-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm experiencing a bizarre issue here.

I purchased the boxed V7I upgrade from V6I. It installed fine on my old system a few days ago. Got my new chistmas present system in, and tried to install on that.

Every time I try to install it, rather then trying to install it's dependencies first to c: whereever, instead it tried to write to d:, which is the dvd drive the disc is located at!

The disc of course is non writable, and it errors the install with a disc full message.

Copying the dvd contents to the c drive, and attempting install from there had no effect. I've submitted a ticket to support, but with the immanent holiday, I fear it won't be resolved until after the new year.

I've installed office successfully, as well as poser pro with no install issues at all, and the dependencies that v7I is trying to install are already on the new system (the c++ libraries)

I'm really stumped on this, and have no workaround solutions I can come up with at all.

If I can't install it, anyone know what return policies are in place? Worst case, I can return it, and just live with V6I I guess, but I'd really like the new plants and ecosystem features of V7I.

MB100
01-04-2009, 03:58 AM
I'm experiencing a bizarre issue here.

I purchased the boxed V7I upgrade from V6I. It installed fine on my old system a few days ago. Got my new chistmas present system in, and tried to install on that.

Every time I try to install it, rather then trying to install it's dependencies first to c: whereever, instead it tried to write to d:, which is the dvd drive the disc is located at!

I also purchased the same version as you (for mac) and installed it. Can't you simply change the installation location?

Gareee
01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I finally did mange to install it and get it working right.. damned now though if I can remember what I did to get the install to work properly.

I did reply about it in a post over at Renderosity's vue forum, if anyone runs into the same issue.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2009, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.