PDA

View Full Version : Hey Roundeye ... meet Billy

alchoi
05-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Yeah me and a bunch of guys down here loved your stuff so much we sent your site to our friend Billy (We all went to animation school together) ...

He loved your stuff man ... it's inspiring a bunch of us guys down here ...

Anyway, I don't know if you've met the guy, but here's a link to another forum thread with some of his recent stuff ...

Me and a few other animators are secretly plotting to kill him ...

Heheheh

http://www.dfsound.com/dasmusik/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1551&pagen
umber=1

alchoi
05-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Here's a little something I whipped up inspired by both you guys ...

(I did this instead of going to the gym .... sigh ... animator's belly here I come ... )

:)

hawkprey
05-01-2002, 07:27 PM
Damn I love all these styles!

So fluid and dynamic.

I would love to introduce this kinda flow to my stuff, but I have found in the game industry they like to say things are "too cartoony". I FREAKIN hate that term, but as a result I have strayed away from this style.

Has anyone else come up against this "cartooony" dilemma?

vts31
05-01-2002, 09:27 PM
that character looks like it has the body of Rei Ayanami in the entry plug suit....but with fairy like qualities.

alchoi
05-02-2002, 04:14 AM
She is wearing the plug suit ... I drew it for a friend of mine who's a huuuuge Evangelion fan ... so I did a caricature of her in one of them thar suits ...

Gave it to her today ... she frigging loved it ...

Yeah as far as the cartoony stuff goes ... man, I'd keep practicing it just to maintain some kind of dynamic range ....

It can't hurt, and it'll only open up more options ...

Besides ... you'll be surprised how much it helps your posing .... even with realistic characters ...

Cheers

Al.

illustr8rX
05-03-2002, 08:28 AM
man, I love that style, I just can't make my stuff that fluid. AWSOME!
I've gotta work on that look.
Hey, let's see some more! thanks, don

Radnor
05-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Nice drawing! It looks a lot like Ariel from The Little Mermaid with Rei's body. =)

henry
05-03-2002, 11:57 AM
ooooh man those stuff are so cool, i especially love those little devils :) and this thing here it kicks ass, it's true it looks like ariel with rei's body heheh :)

keep it up!! :wavey:

alchoi
05-04-2002, 12:00 PM
That's soooo awesome ..

If I can animate like Glen Keane ... I've hit the pinnacle of what I want to do ..

The feedback is great .... and I will post more ...

Thanks guys ..... and check out Furi Kuri ... he best TV based cartoon ever created .....

Thanks guys ....

Al.

roundeye
05-06-2002, 04:07 PM
thanks for the plug man! his pencils on that link are really incredible!

alchoi
05-06-2002, 04:40 PM
No problem ...

You have a small group of animators down here in Vancouver who are new fans ...

Keep posting!!!

Al.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.