PDA

View Full Version : Prof. Plum confessing animation

Kireblade
05-01-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if you'd critique my 10 second animation I did for this one group for the "10 second club." Basically, you get a 10 second sound clip at the beginning of each month which you have to animate to...so here's mine:

http://www.zealotstudios.com/en_april02.zip

In case you didn't get it, it's Professor Plum talking about Colonel Mustard, and he's holding the candlestick. I plan to come back, touch this up, and add a background w/ the library and Col. Mustard's body, so crit away!

Toeng.com
05-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Hmmm .. .could you not zip it? I'd rather my browser cache that movie for me than to download it, unzip it, watch it, then delete it :)

dies-irae
05-01-2002, 03:35 PM
very nice indeed!

good lipsync and i love the way he moves!!

henry
05-01-2002, 03:40 PM
impressive animation, i like the hair a lot :) :)

digital_rhino
05-01-2002, 07:25 PM
Very nice character animation. I couldn't get the sound to work, so I cant critique the lip sync, but Im sure it works well. By the way, what is this 10 second club, and how do i get involved? It sounds really cool.

Kireblade
05-02-2002, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the comments...and here's the URL to the ten second club...

http://www.anilusionfilms.com.au/10secondclub/

Come join, they're always looking for more submissions each month. :thumbsup:

ACFred
05-02-2002, 06:33 AM
Hey there,

Nice character and good interpretation of the line.

A few things I'd suggest:

Right on the word "hated" ("oh, I hated the colonel"), have prof plum swing the candlestick as if reliving his whacking of the colonel -- raising the candle stick on "I".
Also, on that same line, you have his eyebrows stay furrowed and then they hop up and down on the word hated. I think it'd be a better effect if you have him raise his eyebrows leading up to the word "hated" and have them shoot down to a furrowed/angry look, to give it more impact.

I think you need to get your character's nose involved in this. Except for the eyes, all of the animation of his face seems symmetrical. If you could create controls over the nostrils to allow him to snarl one side of his mouth, I think it'd add a lot to his emotion.

Also, I think it'd be cool to have you character's glasses in the mix, too. Having them hop up and down on his nose as he's giving his emotional presentation. You could even have them slip down on his nose so that he has to push them back up. Little secondary details like that are nice. Secondary motion on his bow-tie would be a cool touch, too.

I love the look on his face when he says "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken." Great job there.
I think right after that, when he says "ooohhhhhh" and starts to walk off camera, he should be a little more insulting, bordering on mania. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the end of "Titus" when Anthony Hopkins is going off on Jessica Lange and Alan Cumming. He starts to hop around in a crazy, giddy manner, totally off his rocker. If your character, obviously nutso, eventually reveals that by the end of your 10-second shot, I think he might kind of erratically hop around until he gets off camera.

Anyway, that's it. You have some promising stuff there and a really nice character to work with. Oh, don't forget the hands -- keep those fingers moving, even if it's only slightly.

Good luck on the contest!

dlindwall
05-02-2002, 07:14 AM
nice character, like the hair. but I didn't have any sound.

Targ8ter
05-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Aha! I hoped there might be some more 10 Seconders on this forum... My entry is number 10 (http://www.anilusionfilms.com.au/10secondclub/Current_round/current_round.html). Very good stuff, Kireblade, your character actually has legs and he walks and everything! Great poses, espesially the "smug" attitude. Very cool... And I love your concept; a confession! It's hilarious!

That is, *I* find it hilarious, but then I've probably heard that clip a thousand times by now... :insane:

Excellent work. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.