PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shapes need help

MonkeyTennis
12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi. I have 4 different blend shape sets each with around 8 blend shapes in each for my head. For instance ear blend shape set, nose blend shape set etc. When i use the paint blend shape tool in edit deformers - by selecting my blend shapes and then my original head, in the targets option, only the blend shapes in the first blend shape set will be available to paint on.

I try to select a head in my second blend shape set and then shift select my original head and use the paint blend shape weight tool, but in the targets it only comes up with the blend shapes in the first blend shape set.

As a test, I deleted the 1st set and when i select a blend shape in the second set and try it again, the targets will be of the 2nd set.

So my question is:
How do i use the paint blend shape weights tool on a blend shape that for instance is in my most recent set (say set 4) and have it available to paint on in the target options.

Thanks, Gavin

shinyprem
12-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi...

I think you want to zero out some portion in ur 3rd BS set. Right click on the mesh>paint BS > then the 3rd set .. u will reach the paint option. Now u say tht u get only the 1st set in the paint option. Ok.. Now Left click on the view port, now ur 3rd set BS content should pop in the paint option! This has happened with me and this way it worked..try!
Rgds,

MonkeyTennis
12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks so much man, it worked like a treat :D Bit silly that you have to left click for it to show though :P

CGTalk Moderation
12-24-2008, 10:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.