PDA

View Full Version : Hell Boy Rig Test

pritishd
12-19-2008, 02:14 AM
Hi Guys,

I was just working on a quick action sequence. I have blocked out the car animation, and was in the process of working out the secondary action of the character on the car. I thought before I went into detail(such as arm position adjustment etc), I'll show you guys first and get your opinion on it. I am currently open to all suggestions(car anim, key poses, camera work etc) as at this stage it is easier to make those changes

http://boxstr.com/files/4395184_huf06/hellBlock.mov

Thanks

Pritish

sapienz
12-19-2008, 02:30 AM
What will you be focusing on in this shot?
Is it more of Animation or is it more of a cinematic approach you are trying to achieve?

Is this just going to be a 1 shot scene?
The blocking animation looks alrite but the camera definately needs more work.
i might just break this into 3 shots for this sequence.

1. The Overview of the jumping down + car swerving around. (Maybe bump into another car/bike)
2. A close up shot of hellboy on the car.
3. A shot from within the car with the arms tearing the car canopy, reaching in...

pritishd
12-19-2008, 04:35 AM
What will you be focusing on in this shot?
Is it more of Animation or is it more of a cinematic approach you are trying to achieve?

Is this just going to be a 1 shot scene?
The blocking animation looks alrite but the camera definately needs more work.
i might just break this into 3 shots for this sequence.

1. The Overview of the jumping down + car swerving around. (Maybe bump into another car/bike)
2. A close up shot of hellboy on the car.
3. A shot from within the car with the arms tearing the car canopy, reaching in...

Thanks for the suggestion. I wanted to focus on the animation and the flexibilities of the rig, but off course I wanted to presented it in a fun way.

This is going to be 1 action sequence off course, but I would definately look into breaking up the shot into a 2 shot, possibly cutting to a close up when he is about to punch through, and the idea of putting in more cars is great....would definately do that.

Cheers

Pritish

bishtmahesh
12-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Hey pritishd how r u man..?

Blocking is looking pretty fine rite now but one thing i waana say here is make this...little bit big..add something at the end..so that it will look for appealing to the audience.

Just 2% of mine...Hope it wil work..

Cheers.
-MB

pritishd
01-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I am working on this during the holidays. Sorry for the late response, as been busy between enjoying the holidays and work. I made the changes based on the comments on this forum and other forums too. Also looked at tons of actions sequences.

Lemme know what you think

http://boxstr.com/files/4571823_cmkur/hellLinear.mov

At this stage the most of the character are still linear and the last two poses are still stepped. Hopefully if they not too many big suggestion, I'll take it to the finishing stage.

Cheers

Pritish

MLajoie
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
what about when he lands on the car, instead of cutting to the wide shot, where you might lose all the detail of the car dents, etc.. from the impact, leave camera where it is, just give it a slight camera shake, but keep the same framing, and just have the car swerve, in and out of frame, left to right, to left, to right, then back to center frame, then he punches.

pritishd
01-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Update:
1)Keys on character are still linear
2)Have not touched the details on the fingers(offset, pose)

Linear Pass (http://student.vfs.com/~3d47pritish/Video/hellLinear.mov)

Cheers

Pritish

pritishd
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys,

Here is the final version(I think :hmm:), with the following changes

1)Combined the first two shots for better cinematic effect

2)Added a micro antic before he punches

3)Added some sexy camera shakes :D

4)Did a HRB for the anim(yeah.....too lazy to light :p)

Final Version (http://student.vfs.com/%7E3d47pritish/Video/HellBoyPunchFinal.mov)

Lemme know what you think

Pritish

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.