PDA

View Full Version : problem scaling character

FabioMSilva
06-21-2003, 09:21 AM
ok im using max r5 and character studio.

i have a complete model(whos head, hands and feet are a separate mesh linked to the respective biped bones.) and on the body(arms&legs) mesh i use physique modifier. when i try to scale it on the character studio motion setup i gget a few problems. The hands feet & head dont scale, and then the mesh which has a physique modifier gets all my Envelopes wrong.

how can i prevent this?

grury
06-21-2003, 10:50 AM
what do you mean by scaling, what are u trying to do in particular? scaling the bones as you animate?? like streching??
if you just want to scale the mesh then you have to do it in figure mode.

FabioMSilva
06-21-2003, 03:53 PM
its not quite during animation. Ive solved the problem, but i had to reconfigure all the envelopes :\

thanx anyway

RedFish
06-25-2003, 07:48 PM
dude
go into figure mode in the motion panel for your cs biped, and the menu that allows you to change all your fingerlinks and stuff, well below that there is a place where you can set the height of your character, and that will rescale everything including the mesh.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.