PDA

View Full Version : Transparency in video

mrmark
06-21-2003, 09:51 AM
hey everyone

(i hope this is the right place to put this, it is related to compositiing)

i am in the process of making a video (around 20-30 mins) regarding breakdancing and just my friends and i having fun doing it.

What i need to know is how to make a video (using max 3.1) with a transparent background so i can overlay logos and that sort of thing onto footage using a video editing program. At the moment i am using vegas 4.0, it seems to do the job fine.

can someone please help me with this

P.s. the video is called The Struggle: a breakdancer's tale . I plan to eventually burn a dvd of it, and see about getting it onto shelves somehow, maybe use connections in the australian education system (i am in year 11).

also, can u get dvd burners for PC?? i have only seen them on macs.

Here is a piccy of my friend doing something generally excellent:

dg
06-23-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi,

I believe that all 3D applications when they don't have any background set renders the alpha channel in the file, so all you have to do is render your 3Max sequence in tga files, and then import this sequence in vegas, if you want to do the render already in a video format you will have to use something uncompressed with alpha channel, like QuickTimes Animation codec. But for 3D renders I always use tga sequences, since if you need to stop you render in the middle you wont lost all tha is done so far.

And about Vegas he does the job very well.

I hope that helps,
See Ya! :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.