PDA

View Full Version : wireframe in Ambient Occlusion

savithk
12-18-2008, 08:35 AM
how to render wireframe object with xsi AmbientOcclusion....i want to show mesh wireframe in AmbientOcclusion....????

bravmm
12-18-2008, 09:39 AM
screengrab a wireframe and comp it in PS, or if it's an animation do a viewport capture.
on xsibase there was a thread recently about wireframe screengrabs, as it was here on the community website.

rob

bmwolf
12-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Second the viewport capture. I usually do mine at twice the resolution I need with the anti-aliasing box checked. Just put a black/white constant material on your objects(easiest to do with a new pass/partition) and make sure the wireframes are the opposite color(white/black). This will give you a nice mask to make the wireframes any color you want in your compositing package.

savithk
12-19-2008, 06:12 AM
i want to do composite in xsi only....dont want to go for other package....i want to render more then 500 frames....want to show in AmbientOcclusion with mesh wireframe...????

bmwolf
12-19-2008, 06:58 AM
XSI has a built in compositor ;)(except foundation).

Only other option(i can think of) is to combine wireD/toonshader with AO using a mix node in the rendertree, or something similar.

That said, I would still do it in the fxtree. It's a super easy setup. Black background, Black object, white wireframes. Then screen that over the AO pass or invert it and multiply.

Ohmanoggin
12-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I like to use the toon shaders for wireframe rendering. Asside from having more control over line width and aliasing, you don't have to have a line for every edge in the polymesh, just the the ones that form the shape.

Still have to comp in the XSI compositor.

Ohmamnoggin.

curbsidebandit
12-20-2008, 10:04 PM
You could just render the AO and wireframe as two passes and later composite them together. For the wireframe pass just go into the render options for that pass, and under the render engine tab set it to ‘hidden-line removal’. My suggestion is to double the image size that you want, then shrink to the appropriate size in the compositor program that you wish to use. After that just render out an AO pass and put them together. For the wireframe pass you can set to multiply or overlay - what ever works best for you.

savithk
12-22-2008, 07:24 AM
thax guys....

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2008, 07:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.