PDA

View Full Version : ScreamerNet II Help!!!???

Scott 3d
06-21-2003, 04:18 AM
damn If I can't set this thing up. I've done everything it said to do in the manual but no success yet. All I want to do is a simple batch render on one machine. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Zarathustra
06-21-2003, 05:03 AM
well, some details would be helpful. What are your pathways (folders, drives, etc.)?

Scott 3d
06-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I have setup a screamerNet folder on my D: drive (the same drive that Lightwave is installed on) and copyed all my configs there
this is my string for LWSN:

lwsn -2 -cd:\ScreamerNet\configs -df:\Lightwave_Root d:\ScreamerNet\job1 d:\ScreamerNet\ack1

When I run the Screamer Init, Lightwave says it can't find any cpus available.

Could having the ScreamerNet folder and Lightwave on the same harddrive be causing problems?

I have also setup up Lightwave and modeler to use the screamernet configs

Limbus
06-21-2003, 06:03 PM
If you just want to batch render I sugest you get LWSNC from D-Storm (search Flay.com for it). Its a handy little Tool that does almost everything for you.

Florian:p

Jonathan
06-21-2003, 06:38 PM
I had this problem a while back as I wanted to render on my working machine while I went to sleep, adding it to my other node machines.

It think the problem is that screamer net works with a network architecture which is what it's supposed to do anyway so my solution was in the pathing. Remember you still have to share that drive even though it's on the same machine.

If all else fails you can try instead of using a drive letter for the path, use the network pathing name ie:

lwsn -2 -c:\\mycomp\ScreamerNet\configs -d\\mycomp\Lightwave_Root \\mycomp\ScreamerNet\job1 \\mycomp\ScreamerNet\ack1

I've not had to change my pathing scheme for the most part but I did however have to share the drive(s) I was using.

Scott 3d
06-21-2003, 09:01 PM
Still not having in any luck but thanks for your help

Zarathustra
06-21-2003, 09:41 PM
I think I would do more harm then good for you since I'm on a Mac. I understand your frustration because I was stuck there for months.

So, you don't have to put anything in quotes on PC?

Scott 3d
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
What do you mean by quotes?

Triple G
06-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Zarathustra
I think I would do more harm then good for you since I'm on a Mac. I understand your frustration because I was stuck there for months.

So, you don't have to put anything in quotes on PC?

Zarathustra, I think you only need to put quotes around your path names if you have spaces in them (on the Mac, anyway...not sure about PC).

Zarathustra
06-21-2003, 11:11 PM
On a Mac, with a hardrive named "HD", project folder named "Project" and configs in folder "Configs" in my Programs folder it's:

-2 -c"HD:Applications:Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs:Configs:" -d"HD:Project:" "HD:Project:job1" "HD:Project:ack1"

THAT'S what I mean by quotes. Mac uses colons ( : ) instead of slashes ( \ ).

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.