PDA

View Full Version : Sholder movement :argh:

nottoshabi
06-21-2003, 02:59 AM
I'm tryieng to create a sholder atribute for my character that would alow the sholder to translate up and down, forward and backward, and also be compatible with an IK FK arm. The problem I'm having is. The sholder works fine in IK mode but in FK it rotates the arm. For example: when I move the sholder up the FK arm rotates out on the X axis, and when I move the sholder down the arm rotates inward on the same axis, the same thing hapens when I move the sholder forward and backwards.
:banghead:

Any one have any idea how to get around this?

sp0rk3d
07-01-2003, 11:22 PM
yeah you can use a detached skeleton ... i use maya... but what you can do in maya is have a joint in the same place as the shoulder joint (call it shoulderPivot) parent it to your clavicle then unparent the shoulder and point constrain the original shoulder to the new(shoulderPivot) so that you can rotate the clavicle wiiht out rotating the shoulder... then you will want to group the original shoulder and parent the group to the joint that the clavicle is parented to so that the arm moves when the spine rotates....

hope that helps :)

nottoshabi
07-02-2003, 02:56 AM
Thanks.

That was not quite what I was looking for.

But I figure it out. I guess thats the beauty of Maya there are 5 different ways of doing something.

Thanks again. :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.