PDA

View Full Version : Vue 7 Pioneer - FREE Open Beta!

LW3D
12-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Free Open Beta for Vue 7 Pioneer released.

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=download

The Open Beta of Vue 7 Pioneer is a fully functionnal version, and it is totally free!

Furthermore, Cornucopia3D and e-on software are happy to offer a full copy of the final release of Vue 7 Pioneer (when available) to all users of the Open Beta, free of charge!

>> Read more about Vue 7 Pioneer at www.cornucopia3d.com/pioneer (http://mail.agf.com.tr/Redirect/www.cornucopia3d.com/pioneer)

KRZ9000
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
page is not available to me? only me?

ChewyPixels
12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Not working here either! :sad: Server is probably getting hit hard.

KidderD
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
This is great news. I was going to contact them today, and ask them if I could evaluate 7 somehow before I bought it, or buy it, and try it out for 30 days risk free or something. Is this the full version, something like infinite. Or xstream?

cresshead
12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
broken link.. hope to see what it's all about soon.

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/down_pioneer.jpg

cheebamonkey
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
heh the site is about as reliable as Vue 7 is. NICE!!!

LW3D
12-17-2008, 03:30 PM
I downloaded it :) But I need cornucopia account :(

here is some info about Vue7 Pioneer...
Vue 7 Pioneer

Vue 7 Pioneer is the new entry-level version of Vue. Vue 7 Pioneer supersedes the former Vue Easel.

Newcomers to 3D and casual artists will find in Vue 7 Pioneer all the landscape-creation tools they need to easily create and render amazing images of their own 3D worlds. Vue 7 Pioneer is the perfect introduction to the world of 3D.

Vue 7 Pioneer can be extended with a number of independent modules that add specific functionality to the base product.

"We decided to extend our modular approach, because it is a nice way of letting users build the 3D product that best fits their requirements and budget, then gradually add features as their level of proficiency increases", said Nicholas Phelps.

By adding modules, users can progressively upgrade all the way from Pioneer up to Complete. Esprit, Pro Studio and Complete represent pre-bundled, cost-effective alternatives to the modular approach of Pioneer.

sandykoufax
12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=1

anobrin
12-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Over at renderosity they tell me that the renders are watermarked:eek:

making this just another "free Demo"

cresshead
12-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Over at renderosity they tell me that the renders are watermarked:eek:

making this just another "free Demo"

so more like a vue ple version then?

ccross
12-17-2008, 07:38 PM
The old PLE was of infinite and xstream, a ple of their most basic product is pointless.

anobrin
12-17-2008, 07:49 PM
But they do promise a full version of pioneer to everyone who Dl's the beta so im gonna Dl it register it and wait for my full version notification:wise:

SeaJackal
12-18-2008, 08:44 AM
from the site:

Vue 7 Pioneer is for home use only. For commercial use, please consider Vue 7 Esprit (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_esprit) or higher.

I don't get it. If they have a ple of their higher end product why are they releasing somethig like this? apparently they are planning to charge for it eventually.

anobrin
12-18-2008, 11:02 AM
And in their typical "you are a warez thief until proven innocent" policy
the pioneer beta wont launch until it syncs with their website
and of course cornucopia sit e the website is still down.:rolleyes:

anobrin
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Got my copy registered ..some new features over "easel" including basic "Ecosystem" generation.

pretty much a crippled demo though no native poser asset import
no .obj import etc plus HUGE watermark :rolleyes:
so I will let this sit idle in my Apps folder and wait fro the promised FREE full version of pioneer 7 when its released

ezdz
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Which version of Vue supports importing/exporting a camera to Maya? Can Pioneer do this or do you need a more expensive one?

XminusOne
12-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Got my copy registered ..some new features over "easel" including basic "Ecosystem" generation.

pretty much a crippled demo though no native poser asset import
no .obj import etc plus HUGE watermark :rolleyes:
so I will let this sit idle in my Apps folder and wait fro the promised FREE full version of pioneer 7 when its released

Wow, I suppose they figured they'd come across some attitudes like this, but you're completely missing the point of a beta release. The least you could do is run it through some simple tests and report any bugs you find, you know, since they're giving you something in return. That's also what releasing beta's are for. It's like a critique to them. It helps them make it better. Try it out, and if you find something that doesn't work properly report it, then you won't whine about it when the full release becomes available. :rolleyes: :banghead:

eman
12-18-2008, 02:59 PM
I just create an account with cornucopia 3d but vue 7 pioneer wan't start! It say I have no internet connection! :/ What I should do?

tbrad
12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I just create an account with cornucopia 3d but vue 7 pioneer wan't start! It say I have no internet connection! :/ What I should do?

snap !!

just emailed them to try and resolve , will let you know what happens, unless any one else has any ideas or advice on registering

have registered for a Cornucopia account but reply email did not supply an activation code so have i missed something here, nor as far as i can see are there any specific links on there site regarding activation

Redz
12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by tbrad
have registered for a Cornucopia account but reply email did not supply an activation code so have i missed something here, nor as far as i can see are there any specific links on there site regarding activation

Thats the same issue I had, and when I checked my profile, there was no software showing up as being registered.

I ended up using the link Vue Pioneer provides again and saw that there were new fields to enter. After completing that I was provided with an activation code. Hope this helps.

eman
12-18-2008, 03:59 PM
OK, it work now. Thanks.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
12-18-2008, 04:49 PM
from the site:

Vue 7 Pioneer is for home use only. For commercial use, please consider Vue 7 Esprit (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_esprit) or higher.

I don't get it. If they have a ple of their higher end product why are they releasing somethig like this? apparently they are planning to charge for it eventually.According to the comparitive chart on this (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=6) page Vue 7 Pioneer will be $49.95. The chart also list what each version of Vue has.

-Eric

anobrin
12-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I Just read from renderosity vue users that the free full version they are promising later on will have the watermark
unless you $$$PAY$$:surprised

No thanks I stick with Vue 6 easel
at least i finally got it stabilized by downgrading it to an older build

Ive run my "clean app" program and erased pioneer7

have fun

inguatu
12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
The least you could do is run it through some simple tests and report any bugs you find, you know, since they're giving you something in return. That's also what releasing beta's are for. It's like a critique to them. It helps them make it better. Try it out, and if you find something that doesn't work properly report it, then you won't whine about it when the full release becomes available. :rolleyes: :banghead:

That's what the people who paid for Vue 7 are doing already.. beta testing it. 7.5 should be the final. :rolleyes: You would think with the extra cash they're milking from users that they would pay to boost the bandwidth for Cornucopia3D since they're using them to push their Pioneer agenda. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mike.H
12-20-2008, 04:52 PM
oh i dont know, weīve been using vue7 infinite for comercial work since itīs release so, sure i can find bugs in it, but i happily report them knowing that e.ons support staff will fix them as soon as possible, which they have several times, and in the meantime vue7 infinite for us is proving to be more stable and giving us more flexibility and better end results then vue6 infinite so no complaints from me regarding vue7, atleast not more complaints then with anyother software weīre using.

I mean, so far iīve never worked with any application that havent had itīs fair share of issues, be it minor or more severe ones. Thatīs not saying i think e.on is a perfect company, you just have to look @ the mac version of vue7 to realise things could be better... but thankfully we can get away with using the windows version.

philnolan3d
12-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I haven't tried 7 yet but I own Vue 6 XStream (LightWave version) and it's buggy as hell. I learned enough work-arounds to get to work well enough, but it still crashed half the time, usually taking LightWave down with it. Now it won't even run, even after a re0install and I can't get customer support because of course it's in my client's name (since he bought it for me).

ccherrett
12-25-2008, 04:48 AM
I will purchase infinite after trying pioneer. I don't see how much better enviroments could get.

philnolan3d
12-25-2008, 09:06 AM
I should clarify. Vue itself isn't too buggy, it's mainly the XStream aspect of it that is. My only complaint about Vue itself is that (for me) the texture editor is really confusing and hard to work with. I'm not totally thrilled with the rest of the interface either. The textures are also entirely procedural and always ended up looking like slate rock when I tried to make something that looked like grass. Also you can't really make a texture yourself, everything is based on pre-made samples that either come with the program or that you buy on Cornucopia. Don't get me wrong I've seen some really amazing works people have made with it, but I can only imagine these people live and breath Vue for years.

InfernalDarkness
01-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I agree about the bugginess. I purchased Vue 6 xStream (Maya version) and sent it back, after never getting it to work once inside Maya. I'm probably a moron, but even with their help I couldn't get Maya and Vue to interact at all, making xStream useless. And I've installed dozens of scripts and plug-ins into Maya before so I'm familiar with how it's SUPPOSED to work. I side-graded to Infinite, and this is where I kinda disagree with you.

Infinite has a plethora of bugs itself and crashes whenever it feels like. It's not JUST xStream. Sure, Maya crashes too and even Photoshop once in a blue moon. But Infinite is MADE to crash. And simple things like double-clicking a terrain remove all my painstaking hand-painted ecosystems. Even with tons of RAM, Vue 6 slaughters itself randomly and with great fervor at times. I enjoy the potential for Vue, but find it so crash-happy that I've had to revert BACK to Maya to do several landscapes, and the whole reason I bought Vue in the first place was so I wouldn't have to use Maya's obnoxious instancing anymore. Weak.

Also you can't really make a texture yourself, everything is based on pre-made samples that either come with the program or that you buy on Cornucopia.

You are not correct about this. I have no problem creating awesome, custom procedurals using the node editor inside it's material editors. I think you're just not right-clicking and selecting "Edit" in the proper place. I do agree it's material editor is atrocious, so it's really not your fault that they never made a single button to get into the node editor. But you CAN make your own materials and textures from scratch. Just saying.

Not that those procedurals will look good, but you get out of it what you put in!

I'm waiting for more news on Vue 7 before I consider upgrading. If it's more stable and can actually handle what it's supposed to, then I'll likely check it out, but after plunking down cash on xStream and failing to ever use it, I'll stick to Infinite and just export/import everything from Maya, instead.

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2009, 12:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.