PDA

View Full Version : setting up camera rotation

bc3d
12-16-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi,

My apologies if my question sounds beginner or is in the wrong location but I am trying to set up a camera rotation of a character I modeled in maya. I have a camera set up on a nurbs circle motion path. In order to fit the entire character I have to place the nurbs circle around the torso but I find when I compare my camera with the front view camera it is lower but if I move it up to where the front view is I can't seem to capture the entire character. If I rotate the camera down it does not seem to match. I would like to create a rotation on the same level as the front and side views.

Thanks,

bc3d
12-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a camera rotation? or how I could match the front and side camera views and also get a good 3/4 view that blends well between the front and side views?

Thanks

Core_Hound
12-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Ok first off, Top, Side, and Front cameras have no perspective, it is a flat image and has no depth, and I am not 100% what you are trying to do really, if you want a rotation of your model, just spin your model, not the camera.

Also, maybe if you can throw up some screen grabs to show us.

EDIT_1: Some things I just rememberd about, in your perspective view you should have some options near the top, "View, Shading, lighting, Show, Panels" click View - Camera Settings - then Check "Resolution Gate" that will show you what maya will render. Altering your resolution in the render globals will alter the gate.

Core_Hound

CGTalk Moderation
12-26-2008, 04:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.