PDA

View Full Version : Changing what layer the flow is in?

duke
12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Pflow seems to create objects inside Max, yet it does a good job of keeping them hidden. The problem is, I want to change the layer of this particle event so I can control it's visibility in LPM. Any ideas?

JonathanFreisler
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
yeh most annoying problem almost ever. It will create the operators and events in what ever layer you have the little tick on. Only way i know to put them into another layer, is put your tick on the desired layer, copy and paste your events, and the new events are put into the desired layer. Then delete the old ones a relink. Its a pain in the butt but thats the only way i know of doing it.

Bobo
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Pflow seems to create objects inside Max, yet it does a good job of keeping them hidden. The problem is, I want to change the layer of this particle event so I can control it's visibility in LPM. Any ideas?

Orbaz PFlow Tools Box #1 (and the PFlow Extension to Max 2009 based on it) provide a Utility operator / Max Utility to clean up the mess (and some other things).

JonathanFreisler
12-17-2008, 12:12 AM
holey crap since when? ive had box tools 1 for ages, and it never mentioend it in the release notes with the max creativity explansion. whats it under? im exited now.

duke
12-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Oh sweet. Hey Jonathon, click on your event, tick your layer, then in the pflow window go to tools-> Sync Layers.

galagast
12-17-2008, 04:26 AM
if you don't have box1, here's a little code i use frequently..

(
pf_sources = for i in $* where (i.classid)[1] == 1345457306 collect i
pf_events = for i in $* where (i.classid)[2] == 515064576 collect i
pf_actions = for i in $* where (i.classid)[2] == 515064320 collect i

deselect $*
selectmore pf_sources
selectmore pf_events
selectmore pf_actions
)

If you run the script, it will gather and select general pflow related stuff (sources, operator actions and events).
Once you have them selected, you can then assign them to a layer.

JohnnyRandom
12-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Nice Jeff, works a charm:)

Bobo
12-18-2008, 03:43 AM
holey crap since when? ive had box tools 1 for ages, and it never mentioend it in the release notes with the max creativity explansion. whats it under? im exited now.

As far as I know, since the very beginning. It has always been the most used operator from Box #1 in my practice.

There should be an operator around the end of the depot called something like Utility. You drag it ANYWHERE into Particle View (does not have to be in any flow) and it gives you buttons for cleaning up stuff. I think it had a broom as icon.

Also, under Utilities tab, look for a Particle Flow Utility with the same functionality.

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2008, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.