PDA

View Full Version : Rockwell Rig - Maya

mberglund
12-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Here is a link to a free Maya Rig called Rockwell. I plan on doing a lot of updates to it, let me know what works and what doesn't, and what things i should add and omit.

http://faithofthefallen.wordpress.com/rockwell-rig-maya/

http://faithofthefallen.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/rockwell_ao_runpose.jpg

Larry_g1s
12-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Cool, thanks. Do we know if it works with XP64bit?

mberglund
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
It should, i dont think the way Maya saves a file is connected to 32 or 64bit version. I hope anyway.

Larry_g1s
12-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Yep, no problems. ;)

The arms are not IK right, I'm still pretty new to Maya (LightWave user)?

Also, how do you bend the fingers/thumb and the toe area? I can't see to rotate those areas.

mberglund
12-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Yep, no problems. ;)

The arms are not IK right, I'm still pretty new to Maya (LightWave user)?

Also, how do you bend the fingers/thumb and the toe area? I can't see to rotate those areas.

Did you check out the PDF on the website? it explains some things. The arms are IK/FK switching. i think by default they are FK but if you select one of the diamond shaped curves at the root controller. it will give you the option in channel box to change the arms to IK.

If you use the scripts, the rockwell_UI has a fast ability to switch fk/ik and also match the ik to the current fk pose or vise versa.

I will try to update the pdf to include how to work the hands. But there is a curve shape above the hands where can select the entire hand or individual fingers, when you select one attributes pop up in the channel box that you can change the values. because you use lightwave i'll share a tip. select the value in the channel box then go to the viewport and middle-mouse drag, it will change the value like a spinner.

Hope that helps?

Larry_g1s
12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Very cool, thanks for the information.

CGTalk Moderation
12-17-2008, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.