PDA

View Full Version : Presentation Solutions help:) sort of OT

Arte
06-20-2003, 03:48 PM
Sorry to ask this here but I am getting desparate. Besides there are a number of ex Amigans on this board who may need this info too.

I have a presentation coming up in the next few weeks that requires the ability to control a number of external devices that will be playing LW anims and various videos on more than one output. I think I am looking at a video wall plus 3 screens all event driven.

I am desparate to know if there is any PC software that can handle something like this that works with the Toaster or anything the same way this could be done with an Amiga and Amiga Toaster/Flyer through Scala and the Arexx ports(I used to hook up two NLE's to one machine and have them both playing at the same time while keying graphics over them with a genlock).

IC Designer does not seem to support the Toaster, and neither does there seem to be any way to control the Toaster and CG remotely.

Any help would be appreciated. I am not in the mood to roll my own, the development cycle would be huge inlcuding the budget.

X

BeeVee
06-20-2003, 04:18 PM
How about using the Toaster to control your video devices remotely? That way, you could hook up the control ports (RS-422 or Firewire) of your vide devices to the Toaster, but not their feeds and send thos direct to your video walls. Then you could switch to each of the video feeds you wanted to when you wanted to and it would tell the vcrs to play, although the signal itself wouldn't pass through the Toaster?

B
PS: or... you could get yourself some old Amiga equipment from a time when all this was easy and do it with that! It should be cheap enough! :)

Arte
06-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by BeeVee
How about using the Toaster to control your video devices remotely? That way, you could hook up the control ports (RS-422 or Firewire) of your vide devices to the Toaster, but not their feeds and send thos direct to your video walls. Then you could switch to each of the video feeds you wanted to when you wanted to and it would tell the vcrs to play, although the signal itself wouldn't pass through the Toaster?

B
PS: or... you could get yourself some old Amiga equipment from a time when all this was easy and do it with that! It should be cheap enough! :)

Thanks Ben, you just confirmed my worst nightmare.

Any idea whether T3 will be able to handle 4 inputs simultaneously or am I stuck to 3? I mean the new RT Dv inputs.

Ben btw is there no way Scala will write an Ex for the Toaster. Surely someone at NT realised the gap in the market from Amiga to PC and spoke to them about it?

On the Amiga front, that may be the only realistic option. Pathetic considering all we ever did on our Amigas was play games:)

Thanks again!

X

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.