PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 5 greenlit

raffael3d
12-16-2008, 12:32 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/14/mcg-is-developing-terminator-5/

McBradd
12-16-2008, 04:35 AM
Since T5 has been green lit even before T4 is done, I'd love to see them spend the time so that audiences react to the SFX the same way they did to the SFX in T2. I remember thinking then that movies just couldn't get any better...

kelgy
12-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Since T5 has been green lit even before T4 is done, I'd love to see them spend the time so that audiences react to the SFX the same way they did to the SFX in T2.

**I dont think its likely to happen because T2 was breaking new ground FX wise. It is much harder to show something that innovative these days. That type of wow effects feeling as been absent for some years now.
Its too bad really, but that's advancement in technology for you.

They are hoping to recapture that wow factor with 3D but...

STANER
12-16-2008, 06:45 AM
**I dont think its likely to happen because T2 was breaking new ground FX wise. It is much harder to show something that innovative these days. That type of wow effects feeling as been absent for some years now.
Its too bad really, but that's advancement in technology for you.

They are hoping to recapture that wow factor with 3D but...

james cameron's AVATAR (2009)

TheANIMAL
12-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Since T5 has been green lit even before T4 is done, I'd love to see them spend the time so that audiences react to the SFX the same way they did to the SFX in T2. I remember thinking then that movies just couldn't get any better...

Terminator 2 had the wow factor for a few reasons, being a great film was one of them, the sfx was another.

The last film to give me a wow sensation was 300 but it wasn't necessarily because of the effects. It was a new and original visual style, not a better "better" special effects demonstation.

kelgy
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
james cameron's AVATAR (2009)

Remains to be seen if it will be able to replicate a T2 or Jurassic Park wow factor. Certainly the most likely candidate to do it.

I dont think Jurassic Park was much of a story screenplay wise but a few minutes of FX put it through the stratosphere.

Its much harder today for fx to carry the day(although poor writing has been the main problem lately).

blenderhead
12-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Uhh, have we actually seen anything from Avatar? I ran a quick youtube search and found only a teaser...with very few SFX.

Geta-Ve
12-16-2008, 07:53 PM
Re: the AVATAR thing... I don't even know what it is about let alone whether it will be the next big WOW factor..

The pirate trilogy had a bit of that, and like previous mention so did 300, and sin city, Hellboy 2 to some extent as well.

CHRiTTeR
12-17-2008, 12:05 AM
dont forget lord of the rings :)

blenderhead
12-17-2008, 09:42 PM
300, and sin city, Hellboy 2 to some extent as well.

Sorry mate, gotta disagree on all counts :D I prefered the first Hellboy myself, but most movies these days can't touch Independence Day, Lord of the Rings, Jurrasic Park, Terminator, epic movies like that.

Venkman
12-17-2008, 09:58 PM
The last movie I saw that had really breakthrough stuff was Pirates 2 + 3. Now actors can do motion capture on the set, during filming, with the other actors. That's truly a breakthrough.

Davy Jones was AMAZING. And the whirlpool/maelstrom sequence in Pirates 3 was jaw dropping.

TheANIMAL
12-17-2008, 11:14 PM
The last movie I saw that had really breakthrough stuff was Pirates 2 + 3. Now actors can do motion capture on the set, during filming, with the other actors. That's truly a breakthrough.

Davy Jones was AMAZING. And the whirlpool/maelstrom sequence in Pirates 3 was jaw dropping.

The last a final battle scene with the two ships against one, THAT was more amazing to me.

Boone
12-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Cameron's Avatar will raise the bar once again for VFX. He is a director with an eye for both explosive action and cutting edge vfx. His resourcefullness in those areas has been proven time and again. Aliens(1986) still manages to best most vfx efforts even in todays hi-tech cinema.

LOL, Eragon was also intended for a fantastic multi-episode franchise, but due to poor performance at the box office the sequel never appeared...:hmm:

Venkman
12-17-2008, 11:46 PM
The last a final battle scene with the two ships against one, THAT was more amazing to me.

That's what I mean. Crazy scene!

blenderhead
12-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeh, Pirates 3 was amazing all right. Best movie of last summer.

Geta-Ve
12-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry mate, gotta disagree on all counts :D I prefered the first Hellboy myself, but most movies these days can't touch Independence Day, Lord of the Rings, Jurrasic Park, Terminator, epic movies like that.

Independence Day!? :argh: lol No I am joking, that movie was fun, not so epic for me personally but fun, but that is to be expected from Smith.

Titanic was another good one.

windarr
12-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeh, Pirates 3 was amazing all right. Best movie of last summer.

Visually, it was great, but best movie of all summer? Story-wise I would disagree. It was specious and lacked cohesion. I still want to watch it again though, and see if I can decipher if it made more sense than I initially thought in the theater.

miguelslo
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Uhh, have we actually seen anything from Avatar? I ran a quick youtube search and found only a teaser...with very few SFX.

Just so we are clear, there is no teaser for Avatar yet. Nobody has seen even a single image.

I have high hopes for this movie.

CGTalk Moderation
12-28-2008, 12:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.