PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Waterworld in Max 5

Deepthroat
06-20-2003, 03:01 PM
This si pic from the one of the opening shots to a animation job I am doing. I spent a lot of time trying different techniques to achieve the right look and feel. All the plants are animated to gently roll with the tide. The fish do there thing......................yeah..................... all up,......................pretty damm happy.:applause: :bounce:

Soulstorm
06-20-2003, 04:02 PM
i think the scene is kind of empty and 'dead'. its missing something essential, to make it stand out over the others. i think the render itself could be better too, im guessing you made this with the scanline renderer?

bene.b
06-20-2003, 04:31 PM
I like it but when it's an animating job where is the animation. :shrug:
Would love to see that.
The only thing I'm wondering though: How can the rock in the middle keep it's position with the currents and all? ;)
It's dark ok but pretty realistic and not stylized which is why I also like it.
Is it possible to see an animation/wireframe some time in the future?
@Soulstorm: I think animated it will stand out over the others.
Ben

Deepthroat
06-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by bene.b
I like it but when it's an animating job where is the animation. :shrug:
Would love to see that.
The only thing I'm wondering though: How can the rock in the middle keep it's position with the currents and all? ;)
It's dark ok but pretty realistic and not stylized which is why I also like it.
Is it possible to see an animation/wireframe some time in the future?
@Soulstorm: I think animated it will stand out over the others.
Ben

I like the rock.......................... but good point. I may lower it a bit to make it look like it is not so balanced. As for the look of the scene. For the requirements of the job........... it requires it to be darker to demonstrate a particular apsect of the product. I cant go into it any more, as I have signed a non disclosure agreement.
I may at a later stage show some of the footage, but right now, Ive been told I cant. Sorry mate. If it makes you feel any better.......... I can say, it looks damm fine...................im very happy with how it has turned out. ( for a change......no fix ups. )
Thank s for reply, and hope to see some of your work too.

Deepthroat
06-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Soulstorm
i think the scene is kind of empty and 'dead'. its missing something essential, to make it stand out over the others. i think the render itself could be better too, im guessing you made this with the scanline renderer?

Gee................... sorry you feel that way. But I appreciate your view. I have added some volumetrics to the scene since this photo, and it dose make a big differance. As for the rendering. yes I used the default scanline for this. Any hints on improving this................... would be appreciated. One thing though.............the look of this is the requireement of the job. This is the look they wanted. Gotta keep em happy.Cheers mate

bene.b
06-21-2003, 05:52 PM
Thank s for reply, and hope to see some of your work too.
I'm sorry dude it's still a long way until I can show sth off that is worth showing. :hmm:

bigbad
06-21-2003, 06:11 PM
This can help you. Look into "Creating Water" .

http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/findingnemo.html

canavan
06-21-2003, 06:25 PM
add a little volume light (rays that fade as they penetrate the suface of the water) This will add depth, and proper lighting, especially if you use it in conjunction with a caustic filter on the light used for the effect. Good Luck.

Chris

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.